Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Micro 6 max: A9s

[ QUOTE ]
We want to increase our chances of winning. The pot is large enough that we would rather have him out than in.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand do you want to protect against?

I'd rather bet, call a raise and donk the turn. Maybe 3bet the flop.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:00 PM

My bad. I didn't notice that we are in the BB. Mucking this preflop is actually really really bad, not choosing not to fold as I previously stated.
I think Miles might have the sauce with the WA/WB line of check calling. I bet the river if he checks the turn, which I don't think he'll do. In those cases when he expectedly bets the turn, I think I still check/call the river.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We want to increase our chances of winning. The pot is large enough that we would rather have him out than in.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand do you want to protect against?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to protect against hands like 87, K2s, and other 5-out draws. They can all call profitably if we bet or if we check-call (since it was raised preflop).
Old 10-19-2005, 01:20 PM

there are 3 K2s hands, and 27 - 7x hands that have 5 outs against us. that's 30 hands out of a possible few hundred that he limped. yet he will possibly call KT/KJ/QJ/etc. if he only has to peel one on the flop. he should not be a worry.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:50 AM

Muck this preflop. That's pretty bad. The flop check raise isn't too bad, but I think I fold this when villain 3 bets. At that point we are getting 13:1 to see a turn and I'm positive that we have 3 outs max.

What do you think villain is three betting with, KK? Doubt it.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Muck this preflop. That's pretty bad. The flop check raise isn't too bad, but I think I fold this when villain 3 bets. At that point we are getting 13:1 to see a turn and I'm positive that we have 3 outs max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm new to 6-max, but I assumed this was a pretty standard call preflop from the BB. Also, I disagree about folding to the 3-bet on the flop. I am not at all convinced that we are outkicked here, as I have noticed that people love their Ax even more in 6-max than they do in full ring. There is a good chance that we are second best here, but I don't think that it's certain by any means. Basically, I disagree with both your critiques, but I'm curious what other people with a lot of 6-max experience have to say.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Muck this preflop. That's pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I routinely call preflop here, especially in 6-max. I'd be more likely to 3-bet than fold.

[ QUOTE ]
The flop check raise isn't too bad, but I think I fold this when villain 3 bets. At that point we are getting 13:1 to see a turn and I'm positive that we have 3 outs max.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think 13:1 is enough to draw to three outs with implied odds. I'm also not convinced yet that we're behind.

And the K really isn't that bad a turn card for you, since you pick up a lot of hidden outs against AQ/AJ/AT if the board pairs.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I routinely call preflop here, especially in 6-max. I'd be more likely to 3-bet than fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you gain by 3betting this?
Old 10-19-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you gain by 3betting this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Value. I'm not saying I do it as a default, and I'd be more likely to call than 3-bet (especially in my first hand at the table). But folding wouldn't be on the list.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Muck this preflop. That's pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck.