Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2004, 09:30 PM

Default Re: NBA Champions

Nice run Lakers made here to get to the top of the West and then they look mediocre letting a team like Portland come into their house and handle them easily after a weak effort against the champs at home? I just don't trust the intensity nor the teamwork of this squad. Kobe is still going to hog the ball and come playoff time I think the squad did better with a lot of role players and the two stars. Fisher came up with a lot of huge games when the team needed it most. Shaw, Horry, Fox...those guys would always come out of nowhere to help them win games. They don't have that kind of chemistry now and I don't know if they can just find it when the West is so ridiculously loaded. While it certainly isn't a must, this game on Sunday feels like a must win for the Lakers to get a better spot. I would hate to have to play a first round match with the Mavs and then probably face the Kings before the Spurs/Wolves. Not that they couldn't do it, but I don't know if a team has ever faced a road to a championship tougher than that in history. If they win it, more power to them...