Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu

I've met Daniel on a number of occaisions. He is always polite and says hello. He always says "Hi my man". Mainly because he doesn't know or remeber my name. But he is a genuinely courteous young man. He is very good for poker. He is young and has made a few guffaws on TV but they were small and unintentional and he seems to be getting better the more comfortable he gets in front of the camera.

He is a very good and maybe a great tournament player. He certainly had a great year. If you watch him in these televised events you can tell immediately that he has a great feel for most situations in which he finds himself. He definitely knows how to accumulate chips and knows how to weild a big stack. I believe that he will do well in tournaments with big fields that are loaded with poor players. I look for Daniel to be a force to be reckoned with at the WSOP. And I wish him well and Good Luck!

Vince
Old 04-11-2005, 09:54 AM

Used to bang Evelyn Ng.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:43 AM

He likes hockey.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:50 AM

So, I assume you witnessed his performance in all 30 or so tourney's he played in at the World Series which earned him the overall point lead. I also assume you watched or played with him in the 50 or so other tourneys he played in throughout the year in which he put up some astounding results. I will also make the assumption you watched or played with him in the countless hours of 4K - 8K ring game that I've heard (although the players only know) that he was beating last year.

Thanks for your one word response.

Peace

Goodie
Old 04-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Your welcome. I didn't say he's not good i said he was overrated. There is a difference. This is the last time i will it explian it to you. So i hope you understand it this time. People have him made out to be a god or something. So i don't think he is that good. He is not the greatest player you and other make him out to be. So he does not live up to the hype. Which makes him overrated. Lets look at Eric Seidel. Eric doesn't get the hype Dan N. does but probably is a better nl holdem player. And if you disagree with this ask the top players. They have always said he is possibly the best. So eric would be underrated and Dan N. is overrated. But Dan had a great year and congratulations to him. But he has not proven to be the greatest nl player because he had a great year. Get it now?
Old 04-11-2005, 12:34 PM

thats possibly the most incoherent shite ive ever read on an internet forum.

overrated. no, simply rated enough.

hes a damn good player, and until you even win a major tourney, i dont think you can possible judge how over or underrated a player with his success is.

Phill
Old 04-11-2005, 12:42 PM

So how can you judge than? How did he get his overrated status? From people like you that say he's great correct? So its ok for you and them to rate him but i can't? Good question huh?
Old 04-11-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't say he was lucky. Although he was. I said he was OVERRATED.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate smoothcall
Old 04-11-2005, 01:10 PM

but i love you!
Old 04-11-2005, 01:30 PM

I'm going only on results and his results would indicate that he is not overrated in the least. Now, I am intelligent enough to realize that results aren't enough to make a proper judgment and since I don't have any other evidence (short of watching him dispatch of all oncomers in a World Poker Final event two years ago), I can't make the most compelling argument that he is not overrated.

All I'm saying is that I find it unlikely that you can make a proper judgement either. I need to know what other evidence you have (besides what's available to me) that show you that he is overrated. And by that, I refer you to my original response.

Do YOU get that?

Peace

Goodie