Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Pocket Jacks in SB facing a 3 bet. Call or fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Correctamundo. In fact it would be pretty bad to fold this in a higher limit game because the button 3-bet is frequently an isolation play. A 3-bet from any position from a typical .5/1 player is no joke (with the possible exception of blind vs. blind play)

[/ QUOTE ]
You're rigth. I wouldn't even come close to considering this a fold in the party 10/20 6max (where I play).

But I still don't see how that translates into this being a fold. Lower limits = more randomness to play. Whereas at the higher limits you will often see A9o first in and 77 threebetting, at .50/1.00 you might very well see JTo first in and 22 threebetting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never ever seen this situation at .5/1 in over 25000 hands.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:03 PM

I may raise, I may call, depends on how teh table has been playing, or if I have any reads.

I'm not folding pf.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is SB and has JJ

Mid position player raises, Button reraises, Hero ????????

This is .5/1 Full Ring. NO reads as I just sat down one hand ago

[/ QUOTE ]

The best question is to ask yourself, "Why do I want to play this hand?" If you don't think you can make money on this hand, then you should dump it and pick another spot.

I couldn't. I don't know if these guys are legit, 80% VPIP nutjobs, or warring with one another.

My initial response was to cold-call and see what BB and PFR do. I think you're ahead a significant amount of the time against an average micro-limits table, there's dead money to be had, and you're getting a slight discount to see a flop and draw to your set, 4-straight, 4-flush.

It's a difficult hand to play OOP. If you see any overcards, you don't know which ones sink you. If you've an overpair to the board, you *might* still be behind. And there's a good chance you'll see position aggression behind you.

---

Without a read, what range of hands are YOU willing to play against a raise and a reraise? How about at a discount (blinds, posting)?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In Microlimits, there is no way im folding this, unless i have specific reads on the players who raise. Im either calling or capping. Probably capping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this "in microlimits" stuff. Microlimits are passive. If you're not folding it at .5/1 then you're not folding it anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Microlimits people make very bad plays preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, like only 3-betting with QQ-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

That's odd, usually i find a lot of superagressive players at these limits whose range of 3betting is much much wider than that, probably just me and my luck though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one else three bets AK in micros any more? No way you fold JJ without any super reads, in or OOP. I can see it going UTG raise w/AQ; MP 3 bets with AKs. I'll cap JJ anywhere, at any time in .50/1.

~