Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Dealing with Large Losses at a Very Good Table

[ QUOTE ]
I was just wondering what kind of strategies 2+2ers used to keep a level head after losing large amounts (absolutely, not relatively) of money to what some may consider suck outs. ...Losing 40BB, $400 dollars in this case, is pretty significant for an 18 year old. I'll probably desensitize myself to the scale of this limit in another week or so, like I have in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]
Looking at poker money in absolute rather than relative BB terms is unwise I think. It seems to me your in over your head at 5/10 unless you desensitize yourself as you said you expect to. The old adage about playing with scared money and all that.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:37 PM

Yeah, I agree. I think its coming around now. Playing scared is the easiest way to lose.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while you just loose, loose, and loose, you know?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to be one of those spelling guys but am really curious as to whether this is a joke, typo or more interestingly - some kind of non-freudian slip.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.. I was thinking the same thing.. but decided not to be a nit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 11:41 PM

I suggest you read this archived thread, it will help you understand why such games are very profitable and what you must do take full advantage of such games.

One of Clarkmeister's best.

After going through it, I hope it will make you feel better everytime players suck out on you.

Lawrence
Old 07-06-2005, 03:09 PM

Well, I don't think you played Hand 1 particularly well. I think you should fold prfelop. I think you should check on the turn because you're clearly behind and you can't value bet with just the draw that you have. I also think you should 3-bet the river. My guess is UTG has AK.

Hand 2 I play the same way you did.