Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Fold bottom set on the turn?

Thanks, but my question was not about the flop play, my question was about the turn, in particular, to call all-in or muck.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:42 PM

It looks like your screwed. In the absence of any other info about the villain I would like to think that I could make this fold. In the heat of battle I probably call.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:03 PM

it is the tendency of 2+2er's to go back to the point they prefer and say why did you play the black queens in the first place every one knows only the red ones win.

so on the turn i think you are looking at the nuts. if your man likes to slow play two pair or middle/bottom set or the game has been loose aggressive so that he might have limped in with QQ. basically he is either getting out of line or he has you in bad shape drawing to 10 outs or much less. the board doesnt seem like one to slowplay anything except QQ. micro bets from the fish muddy the water a bit....i think i would find a fold here. yup i think its the nuts. i hope he screwed up the flop and you snapped 78, AA, or KK to pieces though. good hand to post
jason
Old 03-07-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Results

I used my entire clock and finally determined I probably was up against an overset or the nuts, so I mucked. Against another player (i.e. a maniac) I would have called, but based on the information I had, I had to assume this player was reasonable, so a fold was in order.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:18 PM

I agree w/ others that villain's push smells an awful lot like a straight trying to shut out flush draws/sets/two pair hands looking to improve on the river . . . Fold, me thinks.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:56 PM

Muck that trash.