Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 05:54 PM

Default I must hate money. AA with alot of action.

What does the xx/xx/x.x amount everyone post about in reads? I can put that here too, im just not sure what the middle thing is. I know it's Volume put in pot/?/Aggression right?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

No discussion here.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Hmm don't know if this is a scary flop. I probably shouldn't have caped it here, a call to BB's 3-bet would be enough, or maybe fold?

Turn: (16.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

I'm not raising here. Should this be a big warning sign telling me to just lay down the hand or should I do so after BB's 3-bet on the flop?

River: (20.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

They check to me and what do I do? I bet! Dammit. I don't beat many hands here that have followed to the river. Someone probably has a 6 but is scared of the straight draw and want a cheap showdown. But damn, I bet. Grr...

Final Pot: 24.25 BB

Tear it appart guys. How would you play it?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: I must hate money. AA with alot of action.

The middle number is pfr. It's obviously best to also include any actual reads, but something is better than nothing.

I check through the river. We're hoping he's overplaying a 7 or on a draw on the flop. If he's on a draw, it probably came in. He might be checking the river because he fears a straight but he's laying down a better hand roughly never.

If you're betting you absolutely have to fold to a raise.

I don't hate a calldown given that you're almost certainly ahead of MP1 and UTG. BB has a pretty good idea of what you pf aggressors have. It's not inconceivable that he's been overplaying soemthing trying to represent a 6 or better in the hopes of pushing PPs out. But given the chance I jump at a free showdown.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:13 PM

I don't think I would cap the flop, it looks like BB has a six. You cannot fold for 2 reasons though 1)When BB it comes back to you there are 27SB in the pot so you are getting way more than enough just to try to spike an ace (you also cannot fold the turn as well for this reason alone). 2) The pot is enormous and there is always the chance that BB is overplaying a hand like JJ or A7. Either way I go into call down mode on the turn like you did, I would probably bet when checked to here, too bad that BB is a huge donk and goes for the donk-tacular checkraise here.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 PM

Hmmm, tricky one.

On the flop: I have to admit I am very confused by the BB. Preflop he was sort of trapped since his first call was to your single raise and could have been with a lot of hands. When it comes back capped to him, he does not want to fold. I really can't see any reason for him to bet on the flop if he did not hit anything, but hitting may be A7 or 88 for that matter. Since UTG and MP1 comes along, your raise is good (since you are more likely than 25% to win this pot). I think your cap is good for the same reason, even if his 3-bet confuses me. Don't even consider folding, he is "protecting" 88 etc. often enough to warrant minimum a call down.

Turn: The turn should not have helped him, but I still would not raise the turn, since he may 3-bet and scare out UTG and MP1, making your raise close to valueless. A call is good. Again, don't even consider folding, you are good enough much more often that the cost of your remaining bets relative to the pot.

River: Bet, although it is marginal. Even if the board scares them to not bet they may still call with hands you beat in this big pot, when they have gone this far. His river checkraise is so absurd that I don't understand what hand he has, but it appears likely it is 65s or something. The pot is so big though, that you call (you only need to be good 4% or something). You should not berate yourself for falling into this trap on the river because it was highly unlikely that he would play like this.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The middle number is pfr. It's obviously best to also include any actual reads, but something is better than nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, here we go.

BB: 47/13/0,7
UTG: 27/12/0,9
MP1: 43/11/0,8

So yea, BB can have pretty much anything. From what I have seen, he is not keen to fold his blind to just one better.