Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Nevada Jacks PSO

I'm consider myself a casual player who likes to play microlimits. Once I finish with the promotions I may stop playing online poker altogether. Although I'm sticking around Absolute to clear the bonus, once I finish with that I'm gone. I'm don't really care for the site and I don't think I'll be back.

I love how one of the negative responses is from a jaded ex PSO'er who is still bitter over his account being banned. If his posts are any indication of his character, then it's no surprise his actions caused him to get banned at PSO.

As a first time poster it's nice to see such warm feedback from the 2+2 community. I look forward to posting here in the future.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:34 AM

The chips are NJ but they are the composites! Still very nice chips but not NJ's top of the line real clay version. I completed the promo and am awaiting the chips but am expecting the clay composite ones not the true clay.

Here's more info on what the difference is...
Old 10-04-2005, 10:52 AM

I signed up because it is a very good deal to get an above average set of chips for around 500-550 dealt hands (437 raked hands at Titan 2-4NL). Plus I should get $40 in bonus on 3500 points [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would not suggest doing this promo on Titan if you play low limit, limit poker as it will take a very long time to earn the required points. If you already have a Party and PokerRoom account, Id suggest waiting to see what the 2 "new rooms" are that will be offered. Check the Titan site to see what it takes for YOU to get the points you need.

I would also suggest as one poster did, do not do any promo like this on a site that you may want rakeback on in the future (ie. any site you may play on after doing the sign up bonus)

[ QUOTE ]
Death Valley,

Thanks for signing up and let us know if you need any help or have any questions. Welcome to PSO and enjoy the chips!

PSO

[/ QUOTE ]

Question: Do you guys make money on this if a player only does the promo and stops playing? Or do you hope they continue playing in the future?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the Titan site to see what it takes for YOU to get the points you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice, but one quick tip: clear your cookies before signing up, especially if you've gone to the Titan (or any other poker room) site before doing the promo. Some poker rooms use tracking cookies, so if you've already been there before clicking through the PSO link, they might track you to someone else (or nobody if you just went right to the site).

Bottom line, clearing cookies is always a good rule of thumb before signing up for a PSO promo.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:22 PM

The two new sites are Absolute and Paradise, exactly as I predicted. I am doing it through Paradise because Absolute will be a good site for rakeback someday, and I can't get rakeback at Paradise anyway. 3 tables for 1000 hands is going kind of slow but I can tolerate it because the software is okay and the players are some of the worst I've seen. Up only half a buy-in after about 250 hands and I've been extremely cold decked. A $200 chip set in addition to a $100 bonus for 1000 hands is a pretty sweet deal.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:02 PM

OK, just got in on the Nevada Jack chips deal, signing up for Pokerroom.
I'd have never played at this site, but this seems like a good deal so here goes...
Old 10-06-2005, 11:30 AM

Brace yourself!

A lot of people seem to find PokerRoom an adventure!

Although I find it fine, and my referrals all had positive experiences.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:55 PM

Pokerroom is OK for me so far. I hate the avatars and will turn them off. I'll probably clear my bonus and not play there all that much again.

But I am really looking forward to my cool new chip set!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 PM

For anyone else doing this bonus, I recommend Paradise. It was a little slow 3-tabling but the players were horrible. After about 7 or 8 hours, I have cleared the necessary hands and made a good amount of money playing poker as well. Players were terrible, similar to my experience at Poker Plex.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:37 PM

I signed up for the chips with Absolute
I can't find now if there is a specific limit I have to play at to clear the chipset, and how many hands. I might just be retarted, but can someone link me to the details or tell me.

Thanks