Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 04:44 PM

Default 6max 25nl: would you lay this down?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

BB ($16.38)
Hero ($23.25)
MP ($7.15)
CO ($28.10)
Button ($19.52)
SB ($31.74)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.75, SB (poster) calls $0.65, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, Button calls $1, SB folds.

Turn: ($4.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $2.

River: ($12.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks,Villain moves all in (13.47) Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12.50
Old 10-26-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: 6max 25nl: would you lay this down?

raise more pre-flop bet more on the flop, check-call turn, probably check-call riv
Old 10-26-2005, 04:51 PM

playing on empire has definitely affected my game, on party or stars I would have raised to at least a dollar, and bet more on the flop, but on empire it seems like every time I cbet everyone folds, I didnt want that here.

so you would call his all in?

beautiful thing is that later, this same guy beat my flopped straight with a runner runner flush.

Im definitely coming after this guy. not tilty like, but I want my money back.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im definitely coming after this guy. not tilty like, but I want my money back.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let that go quickly. Definitely a dangereus thing to focus on.

If you think the guy is a complete donk that just give his money away.. so be it, but if not, don't go after him. He also will have the psycological edge over you... There are plenty of fishes in the sea (at the sites).
Old 10-26-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
playing on empire has definitely affected my game, on party or stars I would have raised to at least a dollar, and bet more on the flop, but on empire it seems like every time I cbet everyone folds, I didnt want that here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, you DO want that here. Any K, with any piece of trash, beats your hand. You want to take this pot down NOW before your opponent realizes that you don't have a K.

Your weak flop bet told villain you don't have K-good kicker. Your weak turn bet told him you don't have a K period. As you played it, definately fold that river.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:12 PM

yeah, you're right, I played it too weakly, but up till the river, given this guy's other showdowns, I would have read AT. This guy was pushing semi bluff middle pairs all day, but never when an opponent called the turn, so I knew I was beat.

but next time, I'll at least pot, probably overbet, for information, I cant believe I didnt think about that.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but next time, I'll at least pot, probably overbet, for information, I cant believe I didnt think about that.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely no need to overbet, a potsized bet will do the same for you.

3/4-pot to pot is just fine.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:29 PM

I'd probably fold the turn.

The key to 25nl is not that you catch people bluffing but that they can't fold when you aren't.