Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is worse?
Going up 25BB then going down 26BB 134 92.41%
Going down 26BB then going up 25BB 11 7.59%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Important poll

I recently got scheduled on a client that will require us to perform work at three different locations, Tampa, San Jose, and Minneapolis during the February-March 2006 time period. I will be planning all of our work procedures, and as such I get to decide which two of the three I will be going to. We will get someone else to do the work at the place I choose not to go. I will be spending two consecutive weeks at the locations that I choose.

I have already decided that I am definitely going to go to San Jose for various reasons, none of which are pertinent to this thread. The question is, at this time of the year, would you rather enjoy the nice weather and golf possible in Tampa, or hit the cardrooms located near Minneapolis.

For reference purposes, assume you live in Pittsburgh like I do and there are no B&Ms anywhere close, and that you are an avid golfer and would definitely get out 2-3 times to play if you went to Tampa.

Thanks for the votes in advance.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Important poll

There are a couple of cardrooms around Tampa. The limits suck (1-2 limit is the max), but I believe there are tournaments. I lived in Tampa/St Pete for 15 years. PM me if you want more info on golf, nightlife, etc.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:05 PM

This poll is not nearly as important as why we never got Whiplash pics. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 04:20 PM

You get to do both in San Jose which is awesome. Given the time period of feb-march i go tampa over minni for climate reasons and not golf/poker reasons.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:25 PM

Rick:

Bern's Steakhouse and Mons Venus are can't miss activities in Tampa. If you are still thinking about golf or poker after Mons you've got other issues [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Additional factors to take into consideration

One additional note is that the only time i will really be able to enjoy the weather in Tampa is over the weekend, as I will probably be working until at least 6:30-7:00 on the weekdays. Whereas I will still be able to hit the cardrooms in Minneapolis some of those weeknights.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Additional factors to take into consideration

[ QUOTE ]
One additional note is that the only time i will really be able to enjoy the weather in Tampa is over the weekend, as I will probably be working until at least 6:30-7:00 on the weekdays. Whereas I will still be able to hit the cardrooms in Minneapolis some of those weeknights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just play on-line at night in Tampa if you don't want to get out. The Hard Rock has tournaments a couple of nights a week. They also might have SNGs (check before you go).

It sounds like you love cold weather. If so, Minneapolis rocks.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:55 PM

as long as the crappy weather wont be too big of a concern, defintately minneapolis. canterbury is a great cardroom with incredibly good games. and you would get to meet lots of cool 2p2ers.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This poll is not nearly as important as why we never got Whiplash pics. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2005, 02:32 AM

This poll wasn't important at all.