Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Next step for evaluation/improvement??

I've been lurking for months and decided to start posting. I began playing online about 1 year ago and bounced around between small stakes limit/no-limit, one tables sng's, and small stakes multi-tables. I read all of the books, but really had no plan for methodically improving my game. So - - as an experience of discipline and curiosity more than anything else - - I decided to play 10,000 hands at Party 2/4, 2 tables at a time, and not play anything else while I did that. I only average about 200 hands per night, so it took me almost 2 months to complete the 10,000 hands.

I know the sample size is inadequate to predict long-term success, and I'm not looking for comments along those lines. I ended up making 4.3 BB/100, and I was pleased with that result, but I was more pleased with the effect that the experience had on my game.

My question is: what should I do next? I am considering staying at 2/4 and playing 10,000 hands - 3 tables at a time. Or should I play 2 tables at a time at 3/6? Or should I continue playing 2 tables at a time at 2/4?

I would appreciate any insight/advice. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Next step for evaluation/improvement??

you could probably beat 3/6, as it is not much different than 2/4, especailly with only 2 tabling.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:38 PM

How bout you start by player 1 table of 3/6 and 1 table of 2/4..in other words, don't just jump right into 3/6, gradually make your way to that level while still playing at a level you feel comfortable with. That is what I just did from 3/6 to 5/10
Old 10-26-2004, 12:42 PM

I highly recommend multi-tabling:

(i)It's a lot more fun to play, because you're not sitting and waiting 80% of the time.
(ii) It's generally more profitable because you play more hands per hour. Plus, for some players, it reduces boredom-induced-tilt.

Having said that, I recommend adding a second table at the level you are currently comfortable playing. As you get more comfortable, add another.... Make sure to monitor your success so that you don't actually end up losing money.

Good luck.

Adam
Old 10-26-2004, 12:44 PM

4 table 2/4. if you can play 2 at a time you can probably do 4, and it will be more profitable than moving up to 3/6 but not increasing the number of tables.