Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 06:44 PM

Default A4s Blind Defense

SB was 22/9.4/1.2 over 64 hands and I had caught his attempted blind steals a couple of times before.

Full Tilt Poker ($1/$2 Limit Hold'em) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9.5 SB) [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (12.25 BB) [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: A4s Blind Defense

I whould bet this river.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:53 PM

I don't understand the check on the river. I would have bet.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:00 PM

Why did you raise the flop?
Why did you check the river?
Old 12-18-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I whould bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the check on the river. I would have bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I had been flushed on the turn and/or river about a dozen times by various players on this table, including the villian here. They just loved any two suited, all night long.

McGahee: In an earlier blind steal attempt by villian I had flopped a straight and raised him. He immediately folded. I guess I was raising to see where I was...ugh, I know.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I had been flushed on the turn and/or river about a dozen times by various players on this table, including the villian here. They just loved any two suited, all night long.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't play hands that way. Cards do not have memory chips or anything like that. Just because you have lost to flushes the last 10 times there have been three of a suit on the board does not mean it is going to happen the 11th time. Being heads-up and the player did not re-raise when the third spade hit on the turn and then checked to you on the river, you should assume he does not have the flush and bet out. If you don't your missing out on profit in the long run.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:56 PM

CAUTION: Results in the body of this post.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't play hands that way. Cards do not have memory chips or anything like that. Just because you have lost to flushes the last 10 times there have been three of a suit on the board does not mean it is going to happen the 11th time. Being heads-up and the player did not re-raise when the third spade hit on the turn and then checked to you on the river, you should assume he does not have the flush and bet out. If you don't your missing out on profit in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I knew that, I was just kinda tilting here in a funny sort of way. Normally I would bet on the river here. I had just been trashed by flushes a ton at that table by the worst suited trash cold calling 2 and 3 bets preflop.

It's just an excuse, a bad one, I know, but that was my thinking at the time. I just knew he had two random spades.

In fact, villian flipped over 7s5s.

I guess I am trying to see if anyone else would have been worried about a flush on this hand. I am in a 4k hand break even/slight down turn right now, and am looking through hands to see of I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks for the help and sanity check, everyone.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i concur with this, which of course implies i am underlyingly suggesting you should have made the opposite of these 2 plays
Old 12-18-2005, 09:51 PM

Find a new table! This is as bad as it gets. Besides the fact that you've legitimately had to defend against blind steals--which, with good table selection, you should never have to do at 1/2--you can get position on someone way better than that. I know FTP is tight, but it's not that bad.

If you're playing for any real amount of time, doing this is 10x more important than making the right decisions in this hand.