Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: memorized radio calls

[ QUOTE ]
That was the short version. You can read the long version here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the same article I found when I was trying to figure out what you guys were talking about. It's worth noting that there were 30,000 people at the game. It was a Big Deal for the people involved even before the game started.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:42 AM

PA: "NO! NOOOOOOOOOO! The Arizona Cardinals have knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs!"

Joe Sensor after Doug Brian misses a third EP in one game "What the HELL is going on out there!!??"
Old 10-25-2005, 10:50 AM

Holy [censored], how'd I forget:
"We'll see you tomorrow night."
Old 10-25-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is easy.

"and a fly ball to deep right field...this is gonna be a home run...unbelievable! a home run for gibson! and the dodgers have won the game, 5-4! I don't believe what I just saw!, I DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!! "

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done. The inflection in his voice when he says 'this is gonna be a home run' is priceless.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:36 PM

Scott Norwood, barely raises his voice above a whisper, he can fire the shot heard round the world here with only seconds left to go. Here we go, Ligner ready to snap it back to Reich. Here's the snap, the hold, the kick is on it's way, it's long enough, and it is...no good! it is no good! He missed a 47-yard field goal as time runs out. And Norwood, walking slowly and dejectedly off the field.

That's from memory, here is the actual one:

"Scott Norwood, rarely raises his voice above a whisper, he can fire the shot heard round the world now and win a Super Bowl with eight seconds to play…He's made only six of 11 outside the 40. Here we go. Lingner ready to snap it back to Reich. Eight seconds to play. Norwood takes a practice swing with the right leg. Everyone up on their feet, watching intently. Norwood reaches down and takes something off his left cleat, now does it again. Still standing up near his holder, concentrating, waiting for the snap. Here we go, the Super Bowl will ride on the right foot of Norwood. Waiting for the snap, Reich, arm extended, puts it down, on the way, it's long enough…and it is no good. He missed it to the right with four seconds to play. It was long enough but it was no good. And Norwood, walking slowly and dejectedly off the field. Scott Norwood missed a 47-yard field goal that would have won the Super Bowl for the Bills."

So I was off by a ton. But I got the good part.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That was the short version. You can read the long version here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the same article I found...

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the link to buy the video. It's no longer active.

I found an article that says some media company bought the rights to sell the game on video, but could not find anywhere to buy. Even Ebay turned up empty.