Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Pacific Poker\'s tournament blind structures are horrible.

Earlier tonight, I got bored of playing in PokerStars' freeroll tournaments, (it takes forever for my e-check to clear) and I remembered that I still had Pacific Poker's software installed, and that I could make instant bankroll deposits into this program. I hadn't played on Pacific Poker for quite a few months, and I had only played in one or two SnGs while I used their software. I decided to make a small deposit, and then I signed up for a $8 +.80 tournament with 20 maximum entries.
Everybody had started the tournament with 800 chips, with the blinds at 10/20. I had a great start, and nearly doubled my stack within 10 minutes of play. I thought that I was running pretty well for a while, but then I had a problem. The blinds were increasing so fast, that I knew the tournament would eventually become a crap-shoot. The blinds had increased from 10/20 to 15/30 in under 3 minutes, and increased every 8 minutes from there. Within half an hour, the blinds were at 150/300, and there were six of us left. The tournament, which started with the majority playing TAG and stealing occasionally, evolved into a steal-fest with the shorter stacks going all in almost every hand, all within half an hour. I ended up finishing 5th and receiving $8 for my efforts. The rapidly increasing blinds led me to a conclusion that these SnGs are not worth the buy-in for their entertainment value, whether I cash or not. I counted my 80 cent loss and cashed out.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Pacific Poker\'s tournament blind structures are horrible.

Pacific Poker is one of the worst poker sites out there, but somehow manages better traffic than alot of other FAR superior sites. It's a great mystery why people keep playing there.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:58 AM

Maybe not for their entertainment value, but if you can't beat the [censored] out of these you probably shouldn't be playing poker.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:46 PM

thats because all the fish that play there dont know any better