Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 11:34 PM

Default My Political Problem

Although I probably should have realized this before, It has just hit me why I sometimes unjustly get into hot water. In fact this problem is something that anyone who has a lot of readers on the internet might encounter.

It has to do with publicly refuting someone who wrongly publicly criticizes you. It has just hit me that you must be careful when you do this because of all the people who read your refutation but merely skim it or read it out of context. I have no reason to expect that readers on this forum should read all previous posts or even that they read carefully. So if I put up posts in opposition to critics that is susceptible to misinterpetation from a skimmer, I shouldn't be surprised about those misinterpretations. I also should understand that a reader can assume that I might be directing my comments at the general public rather than the specifc critic or goader.

So the next time someone says something to me like "Hey Sklansky, how can you have that big ego yet still not take Daniel up on his heads up offer? What are you afraid?" Instead of replying in essence "A little afraid but probably not as much as you think because I would jump at a twenty percent rebate for reasonable money. And my ego is intact because it comes from abilities Im proud of aside from head up poker", a statement that the general public or Daniel could misconstrue out of context. I'll just have to ignore it.

Either that or simply say "Your'e an idiot and I'll let others elaborate". That won't be misconstrued.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:36 PM

Default .

Old 05-20-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: My Political Problem

It's nice to see both of you have taken the high road. Very refreshing these days. It was unfortunate to see two of the poker players I respect the most caught up in this.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:57 PM

Bwok! Bwok!

Old 05-21-2005, 12:02 AM

I think your problem was that you were not straightforward enough from the beginning. All you needed to say was that you don't want to deal with the variance of such a high stakes matchup and just ended it there. Your psuedo counter offer just looked like a half-ass attempt to save face.

The less you say, the less fodder people will have for misconstruing you.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:07 AM

If 10-9 is so great (odds that I did accept from Daniel, don't forget, for my typical 10K daily volatility), even against a top player playing Stud 8/B, then why not take them from me?
Old 05-21-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The less you say, the less fodder people will have for misconstruing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Sklansky knows this. Mason obviously doesn't.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:08 AM

You calling me out, Einstein?
Old 05-21-2005, 12:14 AM

For 10K in No Limit Poker.

25/50 blinds or 50/100 blinds. We play to someone has it all.

David says he'll give anyone here 10 to 9.

Ill take it.

Can we play on the internet?

[ QUOTE ]
If 10-9 is so great (odds that I did accept from Daniel, don't forget, for my typical 10K daily volatility), even against a top player playing Stud 8/B, then why not take them from me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-21-2005, 12:19 AM

Yes. Same game I described that I would take the ten percent rebate from Daniel. Except this time I will pay it. 150-300 8/B Stud. $25 ante $50 bring in. 10K freezout. Or half the stakes for 5K. Those are my only two offers . Otherwise goodbye.