Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: More OOT Risk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To my fellow RISK players,

I played my first game of RISK in about 13 years last night. That was what it took for me to remember how to play. Having re-learned the rules, I played my second game tonight and crushed my opponents, steamrolling to victory. I would like to thank everyone for trying in vain to battle me - it was fun. With this victory, I will once again retire from the RISK arena, stepping away from RISK while at the top of my game.

Good luck to you all,
El Diablo (champion)

[/ QUOTE ]

You never would have won in not for my suicide run in Europe leaving a bunch of 1's for you to gobble up and take my 3 cards.

How the hell did Dynasty blow that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasnt Dynasty that blew the game. I tried to take him out on one turn but missed all but one country. He had 4 cards at the time (I think). It was a strategic attempt at taking out one of the strongest players while drawing a thin line of sucess/failure.

I get his cards I win the game easily.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:46 PM

Curve,

I would also like to point out that, in that game, I single-handedly eliminated all opposition.

Diablo (Retired Reigning RISK Champion)

Old 12-02-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To my fellow RISK players,

I played my first game of RISK in about 13 years last night. That was what it took for me to remember how to play. Having re-learned the rules, I played my second game tonight and crushed my opponents, steamrolling to victory. I would like to thank everyone for trying in vain to battle me - it was fun. With this victory, I will once again retire from the RISK arena, stepping away from RISK while at the top of my game.

Good luck to you all,
El Diablo (champion)

[/ QUOTE ]

You never would have won in not for my suicide run in Europe leaving a bunch of 1's for you to gobble up and take my 3 cards.

How the hell did Dynasty blow that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasnt Dynasty that blew the game. I tried to take him out on one turn but missed all but one country. He had 4 cards at the time (I think). It was a strategic attempt at taking out one of the strongest players while drawing a thin line of sucess/failure.

I get his cards I win the game easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the card excahgnes got big, Crveballin launched a all-out attack against my forces. It reduced me to just one country and Crveballin to a bunch of 1 army countries. That allowed El Diablo to take advantage and take the America's with no significan resistance.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curve,

I would also like to point out that, in that game, I single-handedly eliminated all opposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I didnt win, I made it a lot more interesting. I was hoping bugstud would have gone after Dominator in Asia. That was the point of taking his last satellite country out. I had some good strategy but my execution was terrible.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM

This is a silly thread. Like other games, both luck and which players go after which makes a huge difference. We might as well declare whether you are a winning p**** player or not based on one randomly dealt hand.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a silly thread. Like other games, both luck and which players go after which makes a huge difference. We might as well declare whether you are a winning p**** player or not based on one randomly dealt hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. Initial placement of countries helps, but in the end, negotiation and basic strategy play a huge roll.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. Initial placement of countries helps, but in the end, negotiation and basic strategy play a huge roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

In one game, luck is a huge factor. As for negotiation, I used to play with a group where most of us targeted the same few players for early elimination every time. Ganging up on people is perfectly legitimate, but to suggest that it makes you more "skilled" at the game is a joke.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:03 PM

Beer and Pizza,

No need to be jealous!

Old 12-02-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beer and Pizza,

No need to be jealous!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad your finally a winner at something. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]