Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Spanish rivalrly week

Anybody else follow the Primera? (note: replying to this question to state that you don't is not informative)

This week should be huge. The biggest rivalry in Spanish soccer is going to be played out, also Real Madrid - Barcelona is this week.

In the Sevilla - Betis match I am cautiously optimistic. Sevilla had gone I think 13 matches without losing to Betis but this was broken along with our hearts last year when Betis not only beat us but a few weeks later just edged us out for the last Champions League spot. Right now Sevilla are playing well, six matches without a loss. Betis are in poor form. This actually worries me as this could, even though it's early be sort of rallying cry save the season type game for them and they are certainly dangerous. Betis have the fewest goals scored in the league so far, and Sevilla have given up the fewest. Sevilla don't score much though so it will likely be a one goal game if it's not tied. I'm going to predict a 1-0 victory for the good guys on a goal from Saviola.

As for Real Madrid - Barcelona I don't know much about these teams. Both are playing well and near the top of the table. Both teams seem to have injury problems. Maybe someone who likes either of these teams (I hate Real Madrid and merely dislike Barcelona) could comment further.

For those that are only casual fans both of these matches should be good. To be honest Real Madrid - Barcelona is probably going to be better as it promises to have more attacking play.

edit: it occurs to me that I'm a week early. I'm a little too excited about the derby, this weekend the national teams are playing, these games won't happen until two weekends from now.