Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: PokerNow is detecting PV/PT or possibly PokerStove

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I find that funny seeing as the lead developer of PT worked hand in hand with Party while developing his software.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think Party won't ban PT because they worked with PT developers "hand in hand" then you are truly naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they wouldn't, I said I find it funny. I think after they do something like that is when I am perfectly fine with finding a new place to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just passing along what I have been told. I am sending a e-mail to clarify. I just got sick of going off of 5th hand information that has been spewing around.

If indeed these applications are against the rules. I will happily comply. The way I will comply is by playing my hands that I would play on Party on other sites.

I seriously doubt whether my monthly take will be affected by this.

I will let you guys know if Party responds.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will never change their minds. Remember these are professional fish rapers who make a living using these cheating programs to make a living pointing and clicking instead of getting real jobs, so they have a vested interest in protecting the use of these programs.

I refuse to play online poker as long as there are programs that store every single hand I have ever played and use it against me to clean me out, and as long as the poker sites allow and even encourage such programs. It is literally like playing against Big Brother. Poker is entertainment for me and I at least want a chance to win once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then learn to play. I mt w/o using PT and do just fine.

--Polly
Old 06-22-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You will never change their minds. Remember these are professional fish rapers who make a living using these cheating programs to make a living pointing and clicking instead of getting real jobs, so they have a vested interest in protecting the use of these programs.

I refuse to play online poker as long as there are programs that store every single hand I have ever played and use it against me to clean me out, and as long as the poker sites allow and even encourage such programs. It is literally like playing against Big Brother. Poker is entertainment for me and I at least want a chance to win once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

--Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

You prove a point that I made in a later post. That player profiling programs are not necessary for the skilled player and banning such programs would actually HELP these skilled players.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

--Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

What stakes and how many tables?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I just talked to Party Poker Support "Security Divison". The guy I talked to said that PokerTracker, GT, and PV are now indeed banned.

If they actually enforce this, I would have no problem. However, they obviously are not enforcing at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

For lack of a better analogy, I take this with the same grain of salt as clubs that have policies about not doing coke in the bathrooms. Common sense says you have this rule, but enforcing it would put a hurting on the bottom line. So their security division stands around and puts on a show.

These programs will not be banned unless the mass of fish suddenly leave Party and swarm to a non PV supporting site in protest. That will be never.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:38 PM

I agree with Blatz, although I'd have thought of a different analogy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Right now it seems that Party has the best of both worlds. Plenty of fish, and a bunch of multitabling TAGs. What is wrong with this from Party's point of view? I guess you could say that it's the future that will be hurt. But I don't think any of us really can know the true market saturation and expectations for the future.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:49 PM

Happy Link
Old 06-22-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You prove a point that I made in a later post. That player profiling programs are not necessary for the skilled player and banning such programs would actually HELP these skilled players.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about this. Daryn doesn't use PV/GT and he is crushing Party 15/30 and 10/20 games.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:06 PM

How can you ban Poker Tracker? It's completely seperate from the application and just uses the hand history information they provide.

Did they ban note taking too?

I'm lost.

Nigel
Old 06-22-2005, 10:06 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Party changed the wording of their TOS recently which is the source of much of this confusion. The message you linked to is much older.