Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars $100/$200

People going to the highest games quickly, busting, and then blaming it on credit card fraud.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
email them, then they will ask for your phone number as lee wants to talk to you, to see what kinda player you are and that you are adequately rolled, etc....

[/ QUOTE ]
This can't make for a particularly juicy game, can it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to the winners.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stand corrected. Any game where winners exist must be "particularly juicy." [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 10:38 PM

According to some pros on neverwinpoker.com, the Stars 100/200 is the toughest regularly spread hold 'em game in existence.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:37 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
email them, then they will ask for your phone number as lee wants to talk to you, to see what kinda player you are and that you are adequately rolled, etc....

[/ QUOTE ]
This can't make for a particularly juicy game, can it?

[/ QUOTE ]

go watch the game for a while. you gotta pick your spots, but sometimes the games are superfishy
Old 06-05-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People going to the highest games quickly, busting, and then blaming it on credit card fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't the other sites restrict their big games?
Old 06-06-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what's happened so far. I'm not sure if I should mention to Lee that I'm a 2+2er. ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're serious, then I can't understand why you're posting about this here. You realize that he reads this forum, right?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is Pokerstars' reason for this policy? Other sites (UB, Prima) don't place any restrictions on their big games do they?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're correct that other sites don't do that. But at PokerStars, we believe in personal customer service.

There are a few reasons that we want to talk to players before they go into that game:

1. A $100-200 played short-handed (as it often is) at Internet speeds (100+ hands/hour) is a big game. When we first spread it, we'd get emails from people that said "I lost $15K in three hours; I must have been cheated." We want to make sure they understand that.

2. It's a filter (albeit a light one) to make sure we don't get trouble in the game. If I get a bad feeling about the player, I don't put them in.

3. It gives me a chance to personally say thank you to folks playing in our flagship game. Most players really appreciate the personal touch and I enjoy the conversations.

Contrary to what some people think, I am not trying to keep the fish out of the game. I don't ask anybody if he's a good player. I don't quiz them on their poker experience. I simply say "Are you comfortable playing for those stakes?" In fact, I routinely get people saying "Oh yeah, I'll crush those guys when I get there." They usually get clobbered.

Sometimes people say "You know what - I just wanna take $2K and see if I can catch lightning in a bottle. I'm probably drawing dead, but I want to give it a shot." I say "Great" and put 'em in.

Is the game tough? For sure, sometimes it is. I seriously doubt it's the toughest regularly scheduled limit hold'em game in the world. There are times when I wish I could play in it (and anything bigger than $50-100 makes me nervous).

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager
Old 06-07-2005, 11:55 PM

I'd be tempted to email them about it. Not that I have the skill, or the money to play in that game, but a personal call from Lee would be really really cool. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

*slobber slobber* Yes, I know -- I need to get a life.

Added after seeing a reminder that Lee reads this board: Not that I'd ever do a thing like that.

--Polly
Old 06-08-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the game tough? For sure, sometimes it is. I seriously doubt it's the toughest regularly scheduled limit hold'em game in the world. There are times when I wish I could play in it (and anything bigger than $50-100 makes me nervous).

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon Lee we all know PStars pays you millions to do nothing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], don't be afraid to step out of the kiddie pool and start making some moves.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:08 AM

I think he is referring to staff not being able to play
~Justin