Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: My Political Problem

Die.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either that or simply say "Your'e an idiot and I'll let others elaborate". That won't be misconstrued.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would probably be the most effective way of handling the situation! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You don't think you could get Fox sports or someone to put up the stakes for this match for the rights to televise? That's +EV! Maybe CBS...do they have any poker in their video library? Someone would watch this (I would - you vs. Daniel)

All you have to do is show them the stats of this website and let them know what kind of attention this would get. Couldn't be too hard for a mind like yours to put together a proposal.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

i kinda liked this (it made me laugh) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2005, 12:29 AM

Why are you so averse to risk? The numbers you threw out regarding how much you'd need to be offered to flip a coin, etc., seem very high.

If you're playing the 10-20 NL with a 10000 stack and you're faced with a decision for your whole stack that you think is only a marginally profitable one, you wouldn't pass that up, thinking you'll take much bigger edges later. As long as it isn't a threat to your bankroll, you take any +EV play that comes your way, correct? Isn't that what any self respecting gambler should do? Why, with all the money you have, would you need to be paid any more than $1000 to flip for $50,000, assuming you can quit anytime?
Old 05-23-2005, 10:31 AM

Why dont you play Daniel 10 times for 10K each time. That way he gets his hundred K. ALso, whoever wins one game doeesnt prove much, but whoever wins the series proves a lot. Just my two cents.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:48 PM

"The offer is good until your eighteenth birthday."

Zing!

(Oh wait, this is 2+2)

pwned!
Old 05-24-2005, 12:41 AM

David,

As a (fairly) objective observer, I'll tell you why you get attacked and goaded so much in response to some of your posts--it has very little to do with the substance of what you write, and much more to do with the tone...you just sound so defensive.

Can you imagine DN in reverse going on at this kind of length about not wanting people to think he's more afraid than he really is? Now, how can that be productive? Could you picture tiger woods doing it? You can't write stuff like the "nobel prize/smartest 13 year old in the world" line of posts, or these semi-refusals of DN's challenge, without making yourself sound really insecure.

And if there's one thing that the on-line world and the poker world already had in common (even before they were combined), it was plenty of obnoxious predators more than happy to jump on someone who sounds overly sincere-yet-insecure.

So, act like one of the top guys in the game, and don't bother to defend yourself to the rabble [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, act like one of the top guys in the game, and don't bother to defend yourself to the rabble

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as these threads have entertained me, I think the above advice is right on.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:27 AM

I agree with you. In addition, David's responding to all comers is not logical. And based upon his writings, David seems to pride himself on his logical thought process.

So David, what I suggest is to consider the source. For the most part they should be ignored. However, for those whose opinion you respect, work on correcting the problem and not defending it.