Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Well, does it?
Yes 18 51.43%
No 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Ako 5way...A poll...

I voted for raising, but the more I think about it the more I'm leaning toward calling. I think BB could be setting you up for an all in with a hand with great redraws, and flush draws might play with you for anything other than an all in which is a little dramatic though not a bad option.

Your A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a nice redraw card. I think I push against a turn bet with any non-spade, and probably call a bet on the turn if a spade falls off...depends on the bet size though. If checked to, I bet the turn heavy.

- C -
Old 11-02-2005, 04:01 PM

big pot now or big pot later
bb is gonna at least call, and utg can't fold
let's see the turn
Old 11-02-2005, 10:26 PM

oh mp3 and button are still out there
duh
raise or fold
calling gets you squeezed
Old 11-02-2005, 11:08 PM

lol this is about the toughest AK hand ever

call me weak but i'm laying this down.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Results

I.........call. next guy folds, next guy makes it $1000, Both BB and UTG move in.

BB had AK, UTG had some crap, next guy had 666.

I don't know.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I.........call. next guy folds, next guy makes it $1000, Both BB and UTG move in.

BB had AK, UTG had some crap, next guy had 666.

I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you layed this down, I'd be fairly happy seeing these holecards at the end of the hand. Could you have saved $200? I don't think so, you were tied or beating the hands in front of you, apparently the call was good. Would be interesting to note what would have happened on the turn if the two behind you would have folded.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:06 PM

I mostly raise and sometimes call, but 8 people so far have said fold. people that say fold, shed light on your choice.

if I had to construct an argument for folding it would go something along the lines of a dude leading into 5 players one of whom raised PF can probably beat TPTK. but that's not a very good argument, so I want to hear one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 11-02-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mostly raise and sometimes call, but 8 people so far have said fold. people that say fold, shed light on your choice.

if I had to construct an argument for folding it would go something along the lines of a dude leading into 5 players one of whom raised PF can probably beat TPTK. but that's not a very good argument, so I want to hear one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll be one of the few suckers to pipe up about why I voted fold, then you guys can berate me for being so weak :-)

Essentially my reasoning for fold begins with the fact that BB got a pretty good price to call preflop with a variety of holdings. He then leads out into field of 5 players, including the PFR with a smallish bet, potentially looking for a cheap card (draw) or a big hand looking to weak lead/3bet someone's draw/worse made hand.

From there, UTG, who doesn't even have a pot raise left in his stack, simply calls (??). I'm not sure what range he would do this with, but it seems like he's not too afraid of others coming in after him, especially the PFR who could easily raise the pot after him. I took this as a sign of strength. he's certainly not trying to isolate a weak bet from BB by just calling.

I felt the combination of these plays lead to TPTK being no goot in this spot.

I'm not really sure what everyone who says "raise" is putting BB and UTG on with their actions. It seems like the best case we're looking at is some sort of combo draw out of BB and mid PP from UTG? If UTG had a mid PP and he thought it was good, wouldn't he push? Or does everyone think they have worse kings, or both have draws? Do short stack UTG's call in EP with suited connectors?

Ok feel free to beat up my swiss cheese logic. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit: I didn't say anything about the players after Hero either, shouldn't they be considered? I think if the fold option was taken away from me, I would vote for calling and making a move on a safe turn where my equity is higher against the draw(s).

KoW
Old 11-02-2005, 06:10 PM

Any thoughts to the fact that I also have two guys to act after me?

edit: every option seems to suck. If I call, and the other two guys call the pot is HUGE on the turn, if it bricks and they lead what are you going to do? fold? The shortstack probably has a king and is not going anywhere, so his entire stack is dead money, I feel like everyone knows this, if I raise, I can only see myself getting action from a better hand, or maybe a sick draw. I can't see raising and then folding to an all in, so that sucks. Folding sucks, but might be the "safer" play, does this make any sense? People calling either have a draw or have me beat, rarely will I get lucky enough to have both opponents have TT or something like KQ, right? I just can't see myself being good if we make it to showdown with these bets...
Old 11-02-2005, 06:35 PM

Tough hand, If I were in it, I'd probably raise all in or fold. I think calling is the worst option you have here. But given then PF action, if I were the one leading into the PF raiser here, my range to donk into you on the flop isn't that great...K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or a set. All of which are strong hands with that flop, and while you are ahead in several of the above mentioned situations (hands) I hate having two players yet to act behind me. If you raise all in, you're going to get called by a hand like straight and flush draws and top pair/flush draw and all sets.....so....I voted fold, with no read, I assume my opponents have half a clue and want me to raise the pot when I am the PF raiser and they lead into me and three others....the guy who leads at this on the flop either has a very strong hand, or he's suicidal with his chips making that kind of a move. Fold or raise all in, I like folding here.