Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 01:59 PM

Default A question for Sirio11 - Super Sat to WPT

I believe you were playing in a super satellite to a WPT event last week where with two tables left and the top 12 or so getting seats you had the chipleader with a moster chip lead at your table. He was raising all-in on almost every hand and was running over the table.

I believe you doubled up against him at one point and I'm having trouble recalling the details of the hand. What range of hands do you call an all-in with here against the chipleader? In this situation do you wait for other players to bust out until you are down to just a few BB's left before taking a shot at a coin flip to survive or do you push the issue with medium pocket pairs and broadway cards?

I saw him take out QQ with T2 and I think that really had an effect on the way your table played out.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: A question for Sirio11 - Super Sat to WPT

I didn't double versus the chip leader, when he started going all in every hand, I was never involved in a pot with him anymore. In the situation I was your range is 0, no hands at all, but there were at least 5 smaller stacks than mine and at least 3 in my table with 12 players left (11 packages paid), that's why I folded AA. But lets suppose I was the second shortest stack with just a few more chips than the shortest, in this case no way I'm folding AA or any big hand for that matter, in fact I think the most probable player to bust in these satellite situations is the second shortest stack (if they both have enough chips with realation to the blinds), because the shortest can wait for a good hand to double vs the maniac, and the second if he waits until the shortest go all in to begin looking for a hand, maybe by that time it's just too late.