Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 11:09 PM

Default AA - Play on flop

Party 2/4 BB Jackpot. Table is 33% VPIP 3% PFR.

I am on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Four limpers, I raise, sb folds, everyone else calls.

Flop - 6 handed - 12.5 SB

7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets, raise, re-raise (17%, 8%, 1.2), call, call....

24.5 SB - 2 SB (to call)

What do I do?

I folded. I feel like this board is just too coordinated and given the action so far, I might be way behind or alomst dead. However the pot is very big and I still might have the best hand. Folding seems a little weakish tight?

Is there a clear cut move and is it even close?

Anyway, the rest just called.. rag.. checked to the re-raiser... bets, all call....another brick.... checked all around... A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] wins [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: AA - Play on flop

I agree its a scary board but I would have seen a turn card, and only folded if a J, 10 or diamond came out...its a big pot.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:28 PM

Kings or queens and this is a much easier fold.

With AA, if everyone turned their hands face up, I doubt the decision would be much easier.

FWIW. I think you made the right decision.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a clear cut move and is it even close?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a clear cut move and you found it when you folded the flop. Good fold, nice hand.

This is an extremely bad flop for your hand. Given this action you will be ahead here probably less than 5% of the time, and even in that lucky scenario, you are still an underdog to have the best hand by the river.

This flop is so bad for your hand, That I usually wouldnt even raise a flop bet, as I would want to see a turn card before I committed any extra bets.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:50 AM

Good Fold. Occasionally you will make a laydown that is the winner. That is only an indication of a good player. (unless of course its everytime [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )