Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Respective bankroll for certian limits in NL holdem

I have been playin online poker for a few years. I started out playing the 25nl(max buy in) game and have now progressed to feeling comfortable playing in the 200nl game as far a my ability is concered. But i never have the correct bankroll to be playing this higher limit realistically. I always find myself winning big and cashing out. Or going bust on my initial buy in. I would like to be a more consistant player(i.e. not busting out and building a large online bankroll.
I was just wondering, in terms of how much money is in my account, what limit should i play. And when is it a good idea to move up in limits in terms # of buy-ins at that level. I am willing to start over at the 25nl game and work my way up, hopefully to the very large games. Also, what should my initial buy-in be when starting out at the 25nl game.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Respective bankroll for certian limits in NL holdem

25NL? You should be fine with 10 buy-ins.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:01 PM

Should i move up as i get 10 buy-ins at the new level? For the 50 game/ 500 and so forth?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should i move up as i get 10 buy-ins at the new level? For the 50 game/ 500 and so forth?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. I play limit but from what I've read you're going to want to keep about 25 Buy-ins at least when you get to the higher NL levels because the players are more skilled.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 10-13-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not necessarily....as you move up in limits you won't be able to beat the game for as high of a rate and therefore your variance will increase and you will need a bigger bankroll.

the 10x buy-in is just a rough estimate anyways, we really know nothing about you or your ability. but in the low-limit games 10 should be plenty for any decent player.