Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 04:09 PM

Default AT 4-handed, equal short stacks

Villain has already shown one mini-reraise where he didn't even have Ace high or a pair!

100-200 blinds, 4 people left of a Stars 6-handed $35

All four players have between 1800 and 2800 chips, hero has 2200 and villain has 2800. Hero is button and picks of ATo.

Fold, I raise to 600, villain pushes from the small blind.

Hero?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: AT 4-handed, equal short stacks

The blinds are 10 minutes. Thus it is level 6. Thus you've been playing with this guy for an hour.

If you don't know what to do here after playing with a guy for an hour, stop playing 6 handed sngs.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:28 PM

dude, what the [censored]. I'm presenting you with a tough decision and asking for your [censored] help. If you're going to be an [censored], [censored] off then.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, what the [censored]. I'm presenting you with a tough decision and asking for your [censored] help. If you're going to be an [censored], [censored] off then.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

This is a tough decision because it is so read dependant. You were at the table, I was not. No one can answer this question but you, and if you can't, I feel sorry for you.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:33 PM

Every tough decision is totally read dependent, dude. Why give advice in any other thread? Villain is a fairly typical donkey from what I could tell.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:34 PM

but yeah, if I don't know what to do with my [censored] AT here, I should [censored] quit poker. Durron, you are being a [censored] prick and you know it.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every tough decision is totally read dependent, dude. Why give advice in any other thread? Villain is a fairly typical donkey from what I could tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

durron's right, you're wrong. slow your roll jabroni.

you had been at the table with the guy for an hour and the only read you gave us was about what he has when he SHOWS DOWN FOLLOWING A MINIRAISE. not exactly the most worthwhile of information in this spot.

saying for instance that you felt he was a "typical player for these stakes" would be more of a read than you provided at the beginning of the thread.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:37 PM

Villain had not shown a single hand he had reraised with, the only reason i knew he didn't even have ace high is because I had Ace high in that situation and it was checked all the way down.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but yeah, if I don't know what to do with my [censored] AT here, I should [censored] quit poker. Durron, you are being a [censored] prick and you know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you are being a prick expecting us to know better than you when your read is "he's shown down one minraise with no pair and not even ace high".

Ok, fine, he's been shown to bluff, I call. And I bet you did too and he had you dominated, is that what you want to hear?

If you could attempt to give some idea of hand ranges, preflop aggression, whether he was TAG, LAG, Tight-passive, loose-passive, etc. that would be really helpful.

Shorthanded poker is all about the flow of the game and reads. You gave us nothing, how can we expect to know what to do here? It's not like you had AK (clear call) or K7o (clear fold).
Old 11-28-2005, 04:38 PM

what did he have in that spot? how often had he reraise pushed?