Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2005, 05:41 AM

Default There\'s a third time for everything

I mucked KK preflop for the third time. Lucky Chances $20-40 NLHE. Sometimes at 10am it's like reading and coffee and shoptalk hour. Other times, it is kazZAM out of the gate and they're off and it's make it 200 call call call, flop comes check, check, bet 800, call 800, checkraise all in 3000 fold, call, shityougotme ... CHIPS!!

It didn't slow down much. It was that kind of line up. Hours later, everyone had danced but me. But I was totally fine just watching. I had picked up some smallerish pots here and there, and I felt involved, but I really didn't care if I ever played a hand deep. This was the funnest I'd ever had just watching players play.

So here comes pocket kings. My stack was 3K. I was UTG and I limped for $40. It was folded to one of the three main raisers. He made it $200. His stack was 4K. Folded to the button, who was also one of the raisers. He went all in for 3K. The blinds folded. And I'm like.

I looked at the guy who had made it $200, and it was sort of like he gave me one of these "If you call I'll call" look deals.

I don't know what I was thinking about. There was way too many cards to come for me to be just sticking my whole stack out there without the okeedokes. Maybe it was inertia. Or maybe it's a style thing. I'm not going to *CALL* three thousand out of nowhere into a nothing pot without the nuts. I'm just not. Besides, I can still get good ROI on these chips later on if I just keep my head. Nobody is going anywhere.

ssshhhhfft

The 200 guy hemhawed and folded face up, QJ suited. He WAS going to call if I called! The winner didn't show.