Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Horseshoe Tunica - 20/40 & higher

As I mentioned in a previous thread...we went down on the spur of the moment on a Monday last week.
Didn't think we would need to call ahead.
The Horseshoe and the Gold Strike hotels were both sold out and we were left kind of scrambling.

No idea what the deal was. The parking lots did not appear especially full and there wasn't a big concert in town or anything.
Really weird for a hotel the size of the Gold Strike to be sold out on a Monday afternoon imo.

DEFINITELY CALL AHEAD!!

(I wouldn't think that the voo-doo fest concert on Sunday would be driving up room-rates THAT much. Are there still a lot of evacuees taking up the rooms?? I really am kind of curious what the hell is going on down there)
Old 10-26-2005, 03:51 AM

I was there a couple of weekends ago and they had three going a lot of the time. There were some tourneys going on as well though, so that may have skewed things.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:52 AM

I called the Shoe this past weekend, and they're out of rooms at the poker rate on Fri/Sat for the rest of the year. Just a heads-up.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called the Shoe this past weekend, and they're out of rooms at the poker rate on Fri/Sat for the rest of the year. Just a heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

They told me to just book a room at regular reservations and then get my time watched and they'd deliver the poker rate at the end of my stay. Thats what I'm doing this weekend. I've done this at other places like the Bellagio, but its always been a bit more of a hassle than it should be. Has anyone done this at the Horseshoe?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there still a lot of evacuees taking up the rooms?? I really am kind of curious what the hell is going on down there)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thusfar, that's been the word, Bob. I got a hotel room about 4 weeks ago, though, for a Friday night. I booked on a Wednesday. I've gotten where I prefer to stay over driving back to Memphis even though it's only 42 minutes.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My buddy and I were discussing it this weekend, and he said "It's like the players can't help themselves. SOMEBODY is trying to put a play on EVERY single pot!"

Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising is required in this game. Be prepared for variance.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My buddy and I were discussing it this weekend, and he said "It's like the players can't help themselves. SOMEBODY is trying to put a play on EVERY single pot!"

Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising is required in this game. Be prepared for variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking forward to it.