Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: veganism

[ QUOTE ]
And will never be, whereas a fetus will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree.

Cow's are. Fetus is not, but might be at some point.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody have any agruments against veganism? Im trying to argue with my teacher, who is a vegan.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about asking your teacher why he/she is vegan and seeing if those arguments make sense? Being for/against veganism without taking that into account is a little .. um .. silly. I've known (and lived with) a lot of vegans. They ran the gamut from reasonable to psycho. One was psycho enough that he turned my vegetarian friend into an avid meat-eater (oops). Others are reasonable enough that I travel across the country to spend Thanksgiving with them every year.

The people that say vegan food is no good are uninformed. Learn how to cook, buy a copy of The Millenium Cookbook, be impressed.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:30 PM

In my opinion if you advocate a certian stance or lifestyle or whatever but you don't fully embrace it then you look foolish. For example I always try to advocate craft beers to people I know and tell them how much better they are etc. If they see me drinking a Bud light they will think I am full of [censored].

If someone tells me they are a vegan and wear leather shoes then I will probably think they are full of [censored].
Old 10-25-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming that this vegan like the countless other vegans I have encountered want to push their beliefs of a "cruelty free lifstyle" onto others while not totally enbracing the actual meaning of what they are preaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a pretty big assumption to say the least.

Look at this thread and you'll see that if there's any rabidness going around, it's at least as strong on the anti-vegan side. You'd think someone just proposed [censored] these guy's mothers.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The people that say vegan food is no good are absolutely correct. It's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

"People are starving all over the world. If you are one of the chosen few people on this earth lucky enough to get your hands on a steak, bite the [censored] out of it."
-Chris Rock

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody have any agruments against veganism? I'm trying to argue with my teacher, who is a vegan.

[/ QUOTE ]

why bother? it's his bag, leave him to it.

i find it odd the way people react to vegetarians/vegans. in and of itself, who cares what peoples personal lifestlye choices are,so long as it doesnt screw up your pursuit of happiness. i think people feel some implied judgment when someone says they dont eat meat and feel compelled to defend themselves. if your secure in your carnivorous ways why waste the energy, neither of you will convince the other.

oh, and just so you know, you going to hell you bambi murdering SOB... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming that this vegan like the countless other vegans I have encountered want to push their beliefs of a "cruelty free lifstyle" onto others while not totally enbracing the actual meaning of what they are preaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a pretty big assumption to say the least.

Look at this thread and you'll see that if there's any rabidness going around, it's at least as strong on the anti-vegan side. You'd think someone just proposed [censored] these guy's mothers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a half joking comment that didn't express my true sentiment.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:33 PM

Ahhh Veganism. You would be hard pressed to find a better topic to bring out the unaware ignorance in people,
Old 10-25-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody have any agruments against veganism? I'm trying to argue with my teacher, who is a vegan.

[/ QUOTE ]

why bother? it's his bag, leave him to it.

i find it odd the way people react to vegetarians/vegans. in and of itself, who cares what peoples personal lifestlye choices are,so long as it doesnt screw up your pursuit of happiness. i think people feel some implied judgment when someone says they dont eat meat and feel compelled to defend themselves. if your secure in your carnivorous ways why waste the energy, neither of you will convince the other.

oh, and just so you know, you going to hell you bambi murdering SOB... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking about a professor here. It is always fun to shove it in their faces.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"After all, why argue against veganism if it makes someone happy? It's perfectly healthy too."

that's sleezy the way you say it blaarg, a cheap trick you are playing with the english language

[/ QUOTE ]

This went right over my head, I'm afraid. I said what seemed to me something perfectly straightforward. My guess is that the discussion is probably going much like this thread, one or both guys trying to yank each other's chains just for the thrill of it. Arguing over veganism is like arguing whether you should like chocolate or vanilla ice cream. It's just basically stupid, but kids like to argue. There's no right or wrong and nobody's going to be convinced of anything, so it's just about flapping lips.