Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2003, 02:06 PM

Default Hand Review

I have been playing 1/2 stud at PP.com, I also like the responses that I have been getting from my post. I will post a hand that I was involved in. Even though I came out on top, I don't know that I made the best of decisions. I like these hand review type post they are sort of like the code reviews we have at work.

Game 1/2 7-card stud
Ante .25
Bring-in .5
8 handed

3rd: Pot - $2
ME(Seat 1) (J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Player 2 (XX) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Player 3 (8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Player 8 (2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Other
5,8,T,T, no other clubs except the K

P2 brings-in
3 calls including the K
3 folds

So I feel I am in the lead and with a Q showing I complete Though: if my opp put me on Q's then a J doesn't look so
threatening as a straigh also if a Q comes up they would put me on set?

4 calls

4th: Pot - $7
ME(Seat 1) (J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Player 2 (XX) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Player 3 (8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Player 8 (2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

P8- checks, I am definitely behind but since K's check I had put him on a flush/straight draw, giving him only Kings, but I am still behind. I check and so does everyone else

5th: Pot - $6.5 (.5 rake)
ME(Seat 1) (J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Player 2 (XX) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Player 3 (8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Player 8 (2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

P8 bets out, the pot is no $8.5, there were 3 behind me I figure all of them would call(just the way they have been playing)

Having still put K's on a pair I (though) have 3Q,2-7's,3-fours,1-jack plus other outs. With 3 other callers would have made the pot 14 to my 2 giving me 7-1 odds. I call. 2 out of the 3 people do call.

6th: Pot - $14.5 (.5 rake)
ME(Seat 1) (J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Player 2 (XX) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Player 3 (8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Player 8 (2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

P8 bets, I call (how was I suppose to know he was full), P2 calls, P3 raises, P8 re-raises. Ok so now include my 2 the pot is

$28.5 (after all my original two doesn't belong to me it belongs to the pot) at that point I am still getting 28.5 to 4 plus I expect the other 2 to put in so that is another 6. I have 1 J and 2 4's that I know about with 14 cards left. Although I didn't do the exact math I said to myself that is still 1-4 to 1-5 chance. Right? Call. P2 calls. P3 caps at 8, everyone calls (still good odds, I think)

7th: Pot - $46 (1 rake)
ME(Seat 1) (J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Player 3 (8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (see the four was live?)
Player 8 (2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

P8 bets, I raise (sure why not), P2 drops out, P3 calls, P8 and my self go back and forth til its capped with P3 adding in his money.

Cost me 19.25 to win 70 for a profit of 50.75.

I do like P8's play though of checking fourth (did he do it because he though I had trips and was first to act, or just to

throw me off, which it did)

Comments?