Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 03:40 PM

Default KK, 4-bet PF, 3-bet flop and turn on J-high...

I know I'm posting a lot of these today... but I feel like I'm playing poorly and want some advice.

No reads on the BB yet.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (20.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

Before the flop I knew if any card T+ other than a K came up, I might be against trips. That or AK.

On the flop, should I have capped? I knew I was only ahead of QQ and AK (with a spade in there probably). I doubt he would re-raise with TT here.

The turn... once again I thought I might be trailing already. When he re-raised me again, I just called down. Not much more I could do. He wouldn't lay off the aggression and he could have aces or trip jacks already.

I'm thinking I was too aggressive on the turn and should have capped the flop instead.

Any advice?
Old 08-18-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: KK, 4-bet PF, 3-bet flop and turn on J-high...

If you're going to raise the turn, you might as well cap the flop.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:49 PM

If you are going to call the 3-bet on the flop, why are you raising again on the turn?

With no reads, I call down from the flop re-raise unless a K shows. The pot is too big to fold. I would watch for spades and how the button reacts also.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:03 PM

Good point... I should have either called the re-raise on the flop and then called to river, or capped the flop and then call down if he still shows aggression.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:18 PM

My personal pet peeve:

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on the BB yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Before the flop I knew if any card T+ other than a K came up, I might be against trips. That or AK.

On the flop, should I have capped? I knew I was only ahead of QQ and AK (with a spade in there probably). I doubt he would re-raise with TT here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know nothing about your opponent and he knows nothing about you. Why wouldn't he reraise with TT? There are a ton of hands you are ahead of other than QQ and AK.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:24 PM

He could be a maniac, sure. Raising and re-raising on the flop with TT against someone who capped pre-flop would certainly qualify as maniac in my book.

When someone re-raises me pre-flop and then continues the aggression on the flop despite me re-raising, I generally respect their raises.