Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Raising from the SB

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

I'm overly aggressive, and I think this hand might be part of the reason. Comments?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Raising from the SB

Hands without reads suck and are pointless to post.

Absent a read this hand seems pretty damn standard.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:36 PM

I don't mind raising A9o to open but I wouldn't do it after a limper, although limping to open on the button pretty weak.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. In the game you don't always have a read. It is important to know what to do against an unjnown.

Then, we can deviate from the standard based on a read.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. In the game you don't always have a read. It is important to know what to do against an unjnown.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between not having a read and simply not stating one. In this case we don't know if he has one, and if he does and didn't share it, we're not doing him any favors by posting responses.

Also, it's just basic asking people to think about their hands a little bit before they go "boom, convert, post hand".
Old 10-04-2005, 11:54 PM

I briefly chatted w/moose about this one right after it happened. He had said he just started playing so I doubt he had a read.

PF is fine IMHO. I'd just as soon take control immediatly. Also, doesn't this put pressure on Button and BB to fold if they miss the flop?

Flop bet is manditory on this board, 3-way, after PFR. BB's call doesn't tell us much.

The turn gets interesting though, I think. Getting 4:1 do we see enough folds to bet again in this smallish pot?

Villians raise could be a 4, a PP, a bluff, or the rare 6. I'm figuring our pair outs are pretty clean here and I don't think I can fold getting 7:1 plus most of a bet on the river if we hit an A or 9.

The big problem then is, how do we play the river with no pair? I'd be tempted to c/c just to add a note for this guy, but I'm not sure if the info is worth it.

WiteKnite
Old 10-05-2005, 12:07 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between not having a read and simply not stating one. In this case we don't know if he has one, and if he does and didn't share it, we're not doing him any favors by posting responses.

Also, it's just basic asking people to think about their hands a little bit before they go "boom, convert, post hand".

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm i would think OP isn't keeping his read all to himself if he has one. there are so many hands posted w/o reads i find it funny you're picking on this guy and trying to defend it.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're stretching.

Raising is fine, BTW.