Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Deep Live 1/2 Game

Haven't played live NL in a while, thought I'd post a few hands I thought were interesting from a session last night. 1/2 NL, uncapped buyin.

Hand 1: I'm in the BB with ~2200, Turnipmonster is UTG and just bought in for a rack of green and opens for 12. A couple of people call and I call with 78o.

flop A67r; I check, turnip bets 40, folded to me and i call because calling is fun. the turn is a blank and it goes check-check and we move on to a blank river which i check to turnip who bets 50, i think for a while and call but should have folded, i think. it just smelled so much like a value bet that i thought he couldn't possibly have it, and i was getting over 4-1.

hand 2: tightish bad player (~650 behind) limps in ep, i have KK in MP and make it 12. two others call and we see a jxx all hearts flop. i have the king of hearts. blind checks, limper bets 40, i call, LP and blind fold.

turn blanks, he bets 60, i call.river makes an unlikely straight possible, he bets 100, i call.