Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2004, 11:36 AM

Default Re: WCOOP #4 thread

You realize that you were a 2:1, 3:1 or 4:1 dog in no less than 5 of the bubble hands you posted in your trip report and won all of them, right?
Old 08-01-2004, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You realize that you were a 2:1, 3:1 or 4:1 dog in no less than 5 of the bubble hands you posted in your trip report and won all of them, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously...how can you question the 'fairness' after this?
Old 08-01-2004, 01:10 PM

Senor,

Let me be completely honest with you.

You are probably a good card player. You were a low stakes player, took a shot at a big tourny (which I think everyone should do... It's how most people including myself got going) and hit the grand jackpot.

But listen, people on here don't care that you are on a bad streak after you have just won 90k. It's just not something we go to bed worrying about. You posted u won 90k. You posted you are down a few k since. What kind of advice are you expecting to here?

I guess that's my question.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:56 PM

Oh my GOD, I hope I have never sounded so pathetic as SenorBeef does here. I appologize if at any time in the past or the future I sound like this [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2004, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SenorMoron: So you just had great luck for 90k, and very bad luck for 5k, is this what you're complaining about? Stop whining.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Losing a few grand is no big deal whatsoever. The concern that I'm bound to lose a whole lot more to be punished for my success by an unfair system is certainly different from simply whining over a few bad beats.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was lucky on 3 hands, it wasn't on the bubble (18th place, 4.5k garunteed), and none of them were a 4:1 shot. I don't deny I wasn't lucky, just clarifying.

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously...how can you question the 'fairness' after this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why because I happened to win once I should trust the system. Someone has to win - why not me? What I'm concerned about now is that since I won, I'll have become unable to win in the future. I may just being paranoid and it may just be coincidental, but I have no faith that it's not.

[ QUOTE ]
Senor,

Let me be completely honest with you.

You are probably a good card player. You were a low stakes player, took a shot at a big tourny (which I think everyone should do... It's how most people including myself got going) and hit the grand jackpot.

But listen, people on here don't care that you are on a bad streak after you have just won 90k. It's just not something we go to bed worrying about. You posted u won 90k. You posted you are down a few k since. What kind of advice are you expecting to here?

I guess that's my question

[/ QUOTE ]

A reasonable question. I suppose I expected a response like this, and if I was going to cry over a backlash I wouldn't have posted it. Spontaneously venting, I suppose. Really, I'm not whining that I lost a few grand now, that's totally not something that would bother me. However, because of what I've experienced in the past on different sites, I'm very concerned that I'm being punished for success and may not be able to win again. THAT is the thing that concerns me, not losing a few grand.
Old 08-01-2004, 03:34 PM

I'm in.. Names Crispyk on stars... god bless satelites.....
Old 08-01-2004, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in.. Names Crispyk on stars... god bless satelites.....

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be a bit late [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2004, 03:55 PM

They went ahead without u crispy [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2004, 04:12 PM

You do realise that numerous people win more than that 90k, albeit over a slighty longer, period? Its not like you're the only one to win anything substantial and the site is picking on you.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:13 PM

Sorry Meant to post in WCOOP #5 didn't realize i was in 4... boy i'm off to a good start [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]