Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: ggban has had 37 drinks...now what?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's the worst option, what kind of vag calls an ambulance on his passed out buddy? Especially an underage buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling an ambulance is a no-brainer if he had 37 drinks. It's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

You are looking at the wrong information to make this conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain. I am not a doctor and have no way of evaluating the situation. If I know that a friend had 37 drinks, I would call an ambulance. His life is more important than any consequences that might follow for underaged drinking, etc.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, hell I've even called an ambulance on people.

But calling an ambulance just because they had 37 drinks is stupid. Some people need an ambulance at 16 drinks, others can drink 40 with relative ease.

EDIT: when I said poor advice earlier, I that did not include sublimes or masons posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never seen anyone who could handle 40 drinks.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:06 PM

Not many people are drinking for 12 straight hours. Having this quantity of drinks over half a say is MUCH different than having it over a few hours.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They exist, you just don't see them too often once people are past the age of 22. I know several people that would drink 40+ drinks 2x a week with ease. Most of the people that do this drink from 9PM to sunrise (10+ hours) though.

As for calling an ambulance, you HAVE TO LOOK AT THEIR BODY SIGNS. Looking at how many drinks they drank in a given timespan will only give you a good indication as to how much you need to pay attention. Even then it's not accurate as you need to know their drinking history.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But calling an ambulance just because they had 37 drinks is stupid. Some people need an ambulance at 16 drinks, others can drink 40 with relative ease.

EDIT: when I said poor advice earlier, I that did not include sublimes or masons posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never yourself or been around guys who just drank all day? Like a special event? Vegas? a bender? etc? Last weekend I probably had 30-40 drinks in a 24 hour period..this would explain the bk mask...
Old 11-08-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never yourself or been around guys who just drank all day? Like a special event? Vegas? a bender? etc? Last weekend I probably had 30-40 drinks in a 24 hour period..this would explain the bk mask...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't really thinking about people drinking for 24 hours straight at a rate of 1.5-2 drinks/hr. For some reason, I'm picturing what happened in this thread a lot differently than how it really went down.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:29 PM

It really really depends on the person like wacki said. Some people could definately have 40 drinks over 12 hours and be very coherant. Some people would be dead long before they reached that point. Using an internet BAL calculator:

280 lbs. Male, High Tolerance
40 1.25oz shots of 80 proof over 12 hrs.
Blood alcohol level: 0.184 %

225 lbs. Male, Average Tolerance
30 1.25oz shots of 80 proof over 12 hrs.
Blood alcohol level: 0.404 %

And by tolerance I mean ability of their body to absorb alcohol.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:47 PM

Also, the shots they serve at most bars (thanks to light bending glass) are really about 1/2 the size of a normal shot.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:58 PM

Now that its the day after and i've sorted it out with the parties involved, i can explain in a little more detail. At first i wasn't even going to order drinks that night because Tstone got carded, and i didn't think it would be a good idea. When Bugstud joined me at the table, i was feeling more like drinking and i didn't think the waitress would card me, as she had already offered me drinks several times.

We started drinking, and basically were just chillin and having a good time. When he left we probably had 15 drinks or so. As someone alluded to, i suspect some of the drinks we were having might not have had a full shot of alcohal in them, as the rum and cokes did not seem very strong. I was getting drunk, but felt surprisingly coherent for the # of drinks i had. However, i was drunk enough to think it was cool what i was doing and inform a bunch of people from the 2+2 gang about my goal for the night. I am pretty sure most of them realize this was due to already being messed up, and not because i think it's cool to count how many drinks i can have.

In the last hour before i cashed out, it started to hit me a lot harder. I was on a somewhat different sleeping schedule than some of the guys, and i hadn't slept in 24 hours. By the time i got up to the room, i was very drunk and very tired, which was a bad combo. I remember some of the interaction with Brian, he kept telling me i needed to throw up but i didnt think i had to. Then i guess i passed out for a while. I was still very out of it when we headed downstairs. BK needed to do something, i forget what. When we split up, i didnt think i would be able to find him, so i got in a cab and went to the airport. Somehow, i was able to find my way around, and my flight left later than i thought so i was able to catch it. That about sums it up. So while it wasn't a good experience, it wasnt the shot pounding binge drinking marathon some of you might envision, i just drank way to much at a bad time and it ended up hitting me pretty hard.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:19 AM

I'm not sure what you did, but you should have pulled his ass out of bed and tossed him on his airplane. If he hasn't puked all over the place, he's not that bad. Kids sober up ridiculously fast when they see cops.

Maybe an awful travel day would make him think before drinking 2563567 drinks next time?