Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Mike Gallo
y 65 46.10%
n 42 29.79%
o 34 24.11%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2005, 10:47 AM

Default How aggressive do you get here?

Unfortunately my poker tracker didn't get this tournament so I must relay it by memory.
I am big stack CO about T9,182. My image is very tight and agg ,VP$IP 11 due to no cards in the last half hour and showed down with good hands when I did get to river. EP is about T5500 and only playing solid hands. EP stats are VP$IP 22% Prflp.6.5% agg 1.4 and he will lay down. LP is VP$IP 68% Prflp 8% agg .7 and cold calls almost everything. LP has picked up some nice pots and is around T8,500.

Blinds 100/200 pot starts at 300.
MJL delt AA.
EP raises to 1350
fold to LP who calls 1350. all fold to me.

<font color="red">What do I do, Call, Raise and how much? </font>

There is a slight chance some of the players afer me might get involved if I call because of the pot odds and their loose standards, I definately want to raise. LP is no real concern to me because his calling criteria so far is I have two cards so I could win.. EP likely has a pocket pair or AK. by the big bet of 6+ times blind I think mid pair but on any hand I am way ahead and he is likely to fold it up here with enough pressure. If I bet big enough I could take the pot right know and that wouldn't be bad at T3000. Any worth while raise EP would call would pot commit him so do I push it all in and make them decide their tournament life on this call?

Was I thinking about this situation properly and what would you suggest doing?