Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Party is so confusing.

Been playing on the poker network since I started in February. Looks like Party's rake is about half of that of the poker network and there's better game selection and I want to switch over.

Now I'm getting a headache trying to figure out the best way to go about this. Should I contact party and ask them to hook me up so I don't have to sign up with an affiliate, because surely they'd like that, or are they not smart enough to make direct deals like that? Or should I shop around for an affiliate and try to get Reward Bonuses and then combining that with Party's VIP club, I'll be in good shape? Or are VIP offers intrinsically worse for someone under an affiliate because they count their reduced MGR numbers for you after paying the affiliate?

I wish it wasn't so hard for me to figure out the best way to start up with party! Help please!
Old 11-24-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Party is so confusing.

Don't play at Party, find a better option (like Prima i.e.) with a nice and legal rakeback deal.

Unless you are a highroller that needs action on the big tables, prima is not that less fishie, that a nice rakeback deal won't compansate for that - way and beyond.

You are confused - of course you are, thats what they are trying to do.

Look at big banks or major phone companies.

They have thousands of scemes, insurances, do this do that to get a lower rent, air fare rebate, when most ordenary people only want to know what interest they have to pay/phonebill pr/ minute, etc. so they can make a sound comparisen/jugdement.

What you want to know is, what % of my rake do get back - end of story. Bonuspoints : It's laughable.
Play 15000 hands from february 4th to february 19th, between 2pm to 0630pm, when the sun shines.

What if you cant play or you kid gets sick, or you find an occasional nice new little site you wanna play before the fish die out, etc.?? You have a problem. The want to control your playing habits, not with being the best or having the best deal - but with thier rigid point system - that can't even compete with the worst of rakebackdeals.

Granted they got fish, but other rooms has too on small/mid tables incl. SNG's, all where the rake is huge.

They want to make you slaves - only play at party all the time.

In about 2 years the probably sell you a good car-insurance if you play enough.

They are so focussed on growth that they forget to treat the loyal players right.

I you are a resonable small/mid player raking 500$ a month, you sould at least get 25% in rake back, no matter how many fish.

If you buy 2 cars for 10.000 a piece, you don't buy 2000 cars for 9950 a piece, but mayby 7500.

Party doesn't get that, and are gonna get burned unless they change.

They will loose the smart (not loyal) players, of whom they should live, long term. Lesser people will recommend them, before there was only Party, now its: Party is good BUT, no rakeback, messing with small affiliates etc.

For the love of good (until they make a resonable rakeback-deal)

Boykot the PARTY!!!

Other sites can get just as big as party - think about the massive loss they would have if 30 of 2+2'ers closed their account.

For small mid tables and SNG's rakes are huge, and PartyPoints are redicolous compared to rakeback - off course they are - thats way they arfe giving them instead of rakeback - and with all the high IQ people in here are still trying to figure out the system.

There is nothing to figure out.

Don't let them piss on you - cause that's exactly what they are doing.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't play at Party, find a better option like Prima with a nice and legal rakeback deal.

Unless you are a highroller that needs action on the big tables, prima is not that less fishie that a nice rakeback deal won't compansate for that - way and beyond.

Boykot the PARTY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking for better game selection though, and I don't know anything about prima's rake. Party is the only viable option as far as I'm concerned.

[ QUOTE ]
from bonuswhores on Prima
Level / Availability
$3-$6 / 15%
$5-$10 / 20%

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you want to know is, what % of my rake do get back - end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. I'd be paying less in rake getting 25% RB on party than I would with 40% RB on the poker network (correct me if I'm wrong, just a quick calculation based on the rake schematics on both sites).
Old 11-24-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for better game selection though, and I don't know anything about prima's rake. Party is the only viable option as far as I'm concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

See your point.

You can get 35 at prima, higher if high volume player.

But off course they don't have anything near the game selection at the levels you mention.

But up to 200NL, 1-2FL and 22 SNG's i would consider it a NOT worth to play on PARTY.

When more fish find that out and get rakeback with i.e. on gamingclub or absolute, i think Party will have a problem.

Mostly mid and high players wil be left, and they will have f'cked up a very promising business leading position by messing with the buttom/mid strugling crowd that pays a very big part of their rake income - they will be losing those new players that will be loyal to the future big sites thats will give them a resonable rakeback deal.

Thats just plaine [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2005, 09:28 PM

okay guys. he's asking questions ABOUT party....not whether he should play at party or not.

instead of turning it into a 'boycot party and play somewhere else' thread...why not try answering his questions.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:34 PM

Because spliff doesn't know any other record, he's stuck on "boycott Party blah blah". For some [censored]-up reason.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:53 PM

To get a VIP deal you will need to be a volume player and even then you might not get a deal. They base it on previous play so you might have to play for a while before you get it.

Talking to them directly about rakeback is a bad idea.

Your best bet is find affiliates offering Party Poker approved revenue sharing plans for Party Poker. I can help you here if you need it.

Hope that helps you.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:12 AM

Spliff,

Your arguments are not always true for everyone!

First off, Party is the only place to get a decent selection of 2/4+ games to choose from, for massive multitabling. Game selection can have a huge impact on your profitability (even enough to exceed the benefits of rakeback and bonuses).

Here's a quick breakdown of my personal results for November, to date...
Party: 25% of raked hands... 50% of income.
Stars: 10% of raked hands... 25% of income.
All others (with rakeback&bonus included): 65% of raked hands... 25% of income.

I expect to clear a total of roughly $2K in bonuses and rakeback by the end of the month. So, you can see in this case, just how profitable Party play is by comparison. I am a low limit player.

The fishiness factor, is a competitive advantage for Party, which can outweigh even the benefits of rakeback and bonuses from other sites!!
Old 11-25-2005, 01:03 PM

Here's a link to a good analysis of Bonus vs Rakeback vs Fish , that was posted in the Bonus Forum.