Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Any \"pros\" unaware of 2+2?

I find "player X" 4 or more tabling the 2/4 or 3/6 game. Chances that he at least lurks 2+2 is __%?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Any \"pros\" unaware of 2+2?

probably not as high as you might think. Lots of players including myself were multitabling way before I found 2+2.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Any \"pros\" unaware of 2+2?

The question in the subject and the question in the body are totally different. There's a big difference between "at least lurks" (the question in the body) and not being "unaware" (the question in the subject). I've known/ met plenty of people who make good money playing poker and are "aware" of 2+2, RGP and the other forums out there, but don't spend time on them, not even lurking.

Second, "pro" (subject) and "massively multitables small online games" (body) are very different. The latter group is much more likely to be the kind of people who hang out on 2+2. At least partially, this is because the people who want to sit at that many tables online in general are more likely to be people who are comfortable with and spend a lot of times on their computer which means they are likely to be the kind of people who hang out on internet message boards. Guys who (for example) play one or two tables of bigger NL games are probably more likely to be the ones who grudgingly accept computers as a tool and feel that after ten hours of playing online the last thing they want to do is spend more hours in front of the screen to chat about poker.