Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:42 PM

Default is HighestRB a scam?

i just set up a new account with these guys and got a PM saying this:

[ QUOTE ]

I had certain trackers disabled a few days ago so rakeback could still be offered, however, Party went ahead and disabled all trackers on my affiliate account this morning. I've emailed them to try to come to some sort of agreement but Party has been really trying to crack down on rakeback affiliates which is sad, and in my opinion, they're costing themselves a lot of revenue. Currently, the only thing I can see happening is offering freerolls to players using the MGR generated as the prizepool.

I apologize for not being able to offer you rakeback. I've been offering rakeback privately to a small group since 2004 and didn't think Party would do this to such a long-lasting affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

blatant lie? is this guy trying to rip me off?

maybe a seperate issue, but i just made a new account for this (and canceled my old one). if i cancel my two-day-old account and make a 3rd account with a new affiliate, is party going to be super pissed?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: is HighestRB a scam?

is party going to be super pissed?

i do not think you will be able to do a 3rd account.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:26 PM

You setup an account after I PM'd you telling you to email me, and NOT setup the account since I ran into a problem. We're not a scam, and as everyone should know Party disables certain affiliates trackers and nothing is certain with Party rakeback. You haven't played on the account, it's not like we're running away with your money. We've actually given all players that signed up with us and played in the past week an extra $50 on top of any rake they generated.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You haven't played on the account, it's not like we're running away with your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 02:28 AM

Why don't you suggest to your players that they send you a screenshot of PT and work out the RB that way? If your customers don't have PT, buy it for them.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:56 AM

This would probably work great if screenshots could not be edited. I think its every affiliates nightmare to be processing payments and end up short, not knowing who cheated and who's legit. Honest players would get hurt because of this.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you suggest to your players that they send you a screenshot of PT and work out the RB that way? If your customers don't have PT, buy it for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Several times I know of affiliates who have tried this for Paradise or Pacific. It blows up in their faces. I know of a very large affiliate who tried this with a group and lost a substantial amount of money.

It is not just screenshots could be the issue. PT may not figure the rake the same way or the trackers amount could be off for one reason or another. IMO unless you are close to someone you flirt with disaster if you are ever on either side of a deal that does not involve some sort of tracker for your play and instead rely on Pokertracker and screenshots.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:28 AM

He is listed on my site and all of my visitors have never exprienced any problems with him as an affiliate. I have been in contact with him for a while now and he is a very honest and friendly person.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You setup an account after I PM'd you telling you to email me, and NOT setup the account since I ran into a problem. We're not a scam, and as everyone should know Party disables certain affiliates trackers and nothing is certain with Party rakeback. You haven't played on the account, it's not like we're running away with your money. We've actually given all players that signed up with us and played in the past week an extra $50 on top of any rake they generated.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is true that highestRB sent me a PM saying "don't use the link we sent you, email us for the correct link," and i didn't see it in time and used the link they sent me.

but what does that matter if the best RB the representative is offering is

[ QUOTE ]
Currently, the only thing I can see happening is offering freerolls to players using the MGR generated as the prizepool.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You haven't played on the account, it's not like we're running away with your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not really the point of the thread, but i have been playing on the account that i created with the link HRB sent.