Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Explain this donk move to me

I've never seen this to be a better flush draw at showdown. The donks with big flush draws will either flat call the minbet or make a massive overbet. That's been my experience anyway.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:42 PM

Haha who gives a rat's ass? I love these types of players. These donkies pay my bills.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my problems in playing terrible players is that I don't understand the way they think. I think my win rate against them would be much higher if I could decipher their horrible plays (such as this one).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, I've thought this so many times. I HATE playing with idiots. When I play with my friends at home I literally have to think to myself "****, I have to lower myself to their level... how the **** do I even DO that??"

I should probably just sit down with Phil and Doyle, I'd own that table.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:17 PM

twice in the past month, i found myself staring into the face of a $2 raise in a $1/2 pot limit game. it was $4 to me. i found it humorous on both occasions to re-raise $2, and make the bet $6 to go. (the first time, i had T-5 offsuit, and proceeded to spike 2 pair on the flop, and win a pretty decent sized pot off a guy with JT sooted...the 2nd time, i looked down humbly on a 9-3 offsuit, which didn't pull through for me).

cheers!
Old 08-10-2005, 03:05 PM

I know Ghazbans post was more about flop play than preflop, but if it gets around to me with a minraised pot with a bunch of callers and I am on the button or CO, Im raising that [censored] up as KaneKungFu would say. Believe it or not, I have gotten everyone to fold several times doing this. Its simply donktastic.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some sort of multiway raised pot, assume pot is 15BB or something. The flop comes with two cards of the same suit and donk A, who was not the preflop raiser, minbets it (you, know, because he's sneaky and wants to draw at his flush cheaply), somebody calls, and donk B raises this 1BB bet to ...... 3BB [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Wow! What a monstrously powerful raise that is! I imagine there's a ton of folding equity there!

Tell me why people do this.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your asking us to explain stupidity. Stupid is as stupid does my friend.

Seirously though, the flop mini-bet is becoming quite the epidemic. It's especially frustrating when you have a couple of people to act after you and a donk mini-bets your nut flush draw in front of you. Now you get sandwich in a drawing situaiton OOP. Those are the times I wish I could reach through the screen. From my experience, a lot of times they believe they can steal a pot with these mini-bets, or draw cheaply. Something must be done soon!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:29 PM

Sometimes Donk B has middle pair or some [censored] like that and has correctly put Donk A on a draw. Donk B, however, does not understand what to do in this situation, so he raises an amount that he hopes will get Donk A to fold, but not so much that it'll hurt to lose if the flush hits.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes Donk B has middle pair or some [censored] like that and has correctly put Donk A on a draw. Donk B, however, does not understand what to do in this situation, so he raises an amount that he hopes will get Donk A to fold, but not so much that it'll hurt to lose if the flush hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice idea; this sounds very reasonable to me. I think we could also put donk B on TPNK (or any other weak made hand) for similar reasons.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:35 PM

the 3bb raiser is usually on something like 2nd pair and very rarely a monster.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:39 PM

pot control baby