Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 PM

Default I Butchered these trip Kings $109

I wasn't folding to any raise, so I should've pushed a little harder. I did not extract the max here. Where do I get more?

Reraise the flop?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG (t1520)
<font color="#C00000">MP (t3720)</font>
Button (t1885)
SB (t890)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1985)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t300) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t300</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t150.

Turn: (t900) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: (t900) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600
Old 09-13-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: I Butchered these trip Kings $109

Yeah, def. the flop. With his raise, you're looking at a t750 pot - holding t1700'ish back. A push just might get called. If not, you add almost 30% to your stack.

Looking to collect more, I would have at least min-raised him back - if you're willing to accept the results of giving him the turn cheap. If we get this far, I'm pushing the 2nd club on the turn - no more free cards. But ultiimately, I'd just take it down PF. You're dancing with a villian that can kill you if his hand improves. You're looking at a very nice pot to help get you through the bubble.

Ps. A bigger gamble, but possibly more profitable line: with your simple call on the flop, a modest lead on the turn might appear to be a "blocking bet". With his stack, he might assert himself again here with a Q or draw. If he doesn't bite, but simply calls - you still have to value bet the river. If he doesn't bite on the turn, he's not likely to lead behind your checked river.