Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 11:16 AM

Default It ain\'t Allah

who's keeping these insurgents going.

The Union: Narcotic Fervor

I wonder what the Koran says about crack.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: It ain\'t Allah

not really suprising, i geuss. one kind of feverent mania can so easily lead to others. isn't this totally against the teachings of even radical islam? anybody know? were the insurgents in question religious radicals or baathists? not that it matters.

O/T rambling here:
I have always thought, and still do, that it's not radical fundamentalist islam that is the root cause of terror in the middle east, maybe it's responsible for the specific form it takes, but, genrally speaking, it's just screwed up people looking for something to latch onto and use to justify thier violent natures.
radical islam is a means to an end for most of these jerkoffs, imo.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:38 PM

Interesting.

I find that the American media is mostly just pro-war propaganda. This story may be true, but I feel that it is to scare people, to make people fear Muslims (subtly).

The whole war was a mistake to begin with.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always thought, and still do, that it's not radical fundamentalist islam that is the root cause of terror in the middle east, maybe it's responsible for the specific form it takes, but, genrally speaking, it's just screwed up people looking for something to latch onto and use to justify thier violent natures.
radical islam is a means to an end for most of these jerkoffs, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true

But since it is very difficult to identify these people, too many innocents must suffer when someone wishes to fight them directly (USA).
Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM

So do you blame america for going to war or the terrorist for creating the need for war? Who is really responsible for the innocent lives caught in the middle?
Old 01-17-2005, 04:52 PM

Default I accept

your thread hijacking. You're a ninja, after all.

I don't think the fact that it's propaganda precludes the story from being true.

Either there is, or there isn't, insurgents who keep themselves alive and moving fast and fighting for Allah by injecting speed, methamphetamines, crack etc. etc.

I believe there is. For people whom suicide bombing is an approved means of warfare, I'd argue that this is simply another means of "empowering" the troops to fight swifter, higher, faster. As in, it would be okay to violate a prohibition on drugs in order to serve a higher cause, the same way it is okay to violate the Islamic prohibition on suicide to serve a higher cause.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:55 PM

This is a very bold and broad statement. Its easy to just say the american media is this or that. What is the american media? It is micheal moore to fox news and everything in between so i don't really see your point. If you wish to critize every article or news organization with credible, evidential refutations, your claim may be convincing.

Further, here is it a test to your claim: CNN, the most watched american news channel, has unjustifiably attempted
"to scare people, to make people fear Muslims (subtly)," how?

Please be thorough and specific in your answer.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: I accept

Not really a big deal...
Israel has experimented with drugs to improve combat rediness isnt this how THC was discovered?? American pilots regularly use amphetamines(not Meth but..)to get them through long sorties. I think its sortoff silly for the most medicated nation in the history of the world to point fingers at militants....
Old 01-17-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: I accept

I think its sortoff silly for the most medicated nation in the history of the world to point fingers at militants....

No finger pointing, it's just hilarious if you ask me.

Crazed jihadists running around screaming about American excess and decadence and cracked out on PCP.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Testing our credulity

Gamblor claims "No finger pointing"

That would be a first.