Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games

Old 10-02-2003, 04:27 AM

Default Seattle/Green Bay help!

I like Seatlle getting 2.5 in this spot. Am I missing something. The Packers' wins came against two of the worst teams in the league. In three games, Seattle’s defense has allowed only 11 points per game, second fewest overall. Favre, leads the league in interceptions with seven. Holmgren is twice the coach Sherman is. Does anyone else like this game? If not why?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Seattle/Green Bay help!

Seattle is the real deal this year and nobody knows it. I bet the lines will change next week when they dominate the Packers this week.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:37 AM

Uh...Cards, Saints and Rams, that is 3 combined wins between them and they were lucky to get by the Rams. Don't overrate this team either, they are in that GB category of needing to beat a good team first before getting full respect.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:33 AM

Thanx wildbill. I have been a longtime lurker (finally decided to start posting), and really respect your opinion. Who would be your best bet this week?
Old 10-03-2003, 04:28 PM

"Uh...Cards, Saints and Rams, that is 3 combined wins between them and they were lucky to get by the Rams. Don't overrate this team either, they are in that GB category of needing to beat a good team first before getting full respect."

--While a valid point overall, it's a misnomer to call it "that GB category." This year's Packers are the worst since the Ray Rhodes era... 8-8 would be a pleasant surprise IMO. Haven't seen much of Seattle this year, but if they're above-average, this should be a relatively easy win for them.

And pardon me if the storyline is old and cliche, but you have to factor in the homecoming for Holmgren, Rhodes, and Hasselbeck. They've gotta be jacked for this one.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:11 AM

Seattle isn't that much above average and Green Bay isn't that much below average. Add in a big home field edge and you get a line like this one. I don't see an edge betting either way, but I am just warning people that Seattle hasn't really proven anything yet. The Saints handed them the first one, the Cards did even worse, and the Rams blew a game they were dominating for 50 minutes. I just have to see more before I go and get excited about the Hawks. There are always a few teams like this early on that fizzle by week 12, I would have to guess they are one of the potential candidates to do that this year. The defense is just average, their only good upside is they are opportunistic and do cause some turnovers. Their offense doesn't get too many long drives, which are musts when you play good teams. Most of their TDs this year have been from short drives or one big play. In any event I think the public is rightfully on the fence with these Hawks right now. Same for the Pack, they haven't looked great, but they still aren't that bad a team and will get their share of wins. Having the coaches come back might be interesting, but I am sure Sherman and Favre are just as juiced to send them out with a loss.