Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-17-2005, 03:36 AM

Default set on a supa-coordinated flop, deep

villain is pretty aggro, hes gotten his stack because there is this giNORMOUS donk at the table who is stacking off 200 BBs at a time w/no hands at all

here is a hand i played v. villain earlier

i raise pf in MP w/red QQ, villain calls in MP2, SB calls.

flop is Tc6c4c, i bet 22 into 24, villain mini-raises, SB folds, i call.

turn is Th, i check-call 44

river is 3c, goes check-check he shows Ah4h and i scoop

he was playing very very aggro v me when that hand happened, he could very likely have air which is why i called down

i have been seemingly weak-tight, folded 3 times to re-raises pf (mostly blinds re-raising me...)

here is the hand

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

UTG ($226.25)
MP ($272.62)
Hero ($491.65)
Button ($712.20)
SB ($340.40)
BB ($495.82)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, Button calls $10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $8.

Flop: ($33) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $50</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $25.

Turn: ($133) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $100</font>, Button calls $75.

River: ($333) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $150</font>

i think i played this on a range of terrible to pretty bad (notice i also only have about 330 left on river)
Old 12-17-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: set on a supa-coordinated flop, deep

heres another hand (lets call it hand 2) v. villain that id like to get berated on

i think im starting to play w/scared money, and its bad. i think i played this bad, especially b/c villain is pretty aggro

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

SB ($197.75)
BB ($295.12)
Hero ($706.65)
MP ($928.32)
CO ($427.40)
Button ($154.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, MP calls $8, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($19) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $300</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: $444

easy call, c/r all-in on turn right? what if board pairs
Old 12-17-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

easy call, c/r all-in on turn

[/ QUOTE ]

if board pairs and stacks are this deep its time to get niiice and weak IMO.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:02 AM

Given read on villian, I have no problem getting it all-in on the river in hand #1, on hand #2 I agree with how you played it, I definitley raise here with stacks this deep. You have the nuts, looks like he wants action so why not give it to him. Too bad he was BS'ing here, but most of the time the raise is a great idea.

JKratzer
Old 12-17-2005, 04:17 AM

Against most reasonable opponents you're obviously behind here. For what it's worth, this is how I'd play it.

I bet $35 on the flop. As played I call the mini-raise
I don't mind check-raising the turn, but I'd make it $150.
And since he's unreasonable, I'd just stick the rest in on the river and hope he doesn't have AK,AT. Obviously the odds are against him having AK, but what the hell hand is he going this far with?? Baby flush? AxQs? QxQs?? TT is the only other semi-reasonable hand.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:18 AM

Hand 1:

My first instict was to say come over the top big on the flop. But...you are both fairly deep in this hand, with effective stacks at almost 250BB. For that reason, I understand not re-raising here.

The turn is good, but not great card because it makes the possiblity of a higher full-house. I would bet out here, probably about $100. Give him a chance to raise you. The small CR is good too but I think it gives away the strength of your hand b/c you gave him a chance at a free card. If he calls my $100 I put him on trips or maybe a boat.

The river card may scare him if he indeed has trips and with over 3 bills behind I may just puss out and check this river. I just can't be sure you're ahead here and if he has a boat, he isn't likely to make a huge bet and you get to see a cheap showdown. You miss out on a possible value bet, but is trips really going to call you here anyway? The only hand I see him calling that you beat is AQ with a Q of spades or AJ with a J of spades. TT is possible but the guy you describe would probably raise TT preflop.

I dunno, maybe I'm seeing monsters here but I really don't see much value in a value bet on the river.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:26 AM

Hand 2:

Really no reason to re-raise the flop, CR big on a safe turn at better than 3-1 against a set. Check-call, check-call a reasonable bet on the river if the board pairs - his aggressive tendencies should make up for some of the lost value.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:57 AM

I just pump it all in on the river for hand 1. If he's got the higher boat I pay him off, but thats assuming you've shown some deception in your game.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:30 AM

I don't get hand 1.. This villain seems so aggro that his hand range is pretty wide. I think the flop call is good, but I would bet the bet the turn (If villain has the flush I think this is better than C/R because C/R screams FH here and lets even a villain like this a chance to get away) for 3/4 of the pot or something, very convinced I had the best hand. If he calls I would make a new 3/4 pot bet or just shove.. If he raises turn I call and shove river.

In this hand I have no problem getting stacked by a bigger FH, but then I will also like to have max value when I have the best hand.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:59 AM

hand 1 is tough becuase you are so deep, but id consider shoving flop just becuase ppl make really bad calls. But the way you played it is very good too. Hand 2, Id shove 3bet or flat call, but not make it 300, looks like you arent afraid of anything and are trying to sucker him in, which is what you are doing. Also, you gave him good odds to draw to a fh. So either bet more or cr.