Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Queens.

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny, but this is just about the exact line I lost my stack with last night holding AA on a 478r flop. A preflop caller in EP bet into me for 1/2 the pot. I raised a decent, but less than pot-sized raise, then he called and proceeded to bet a little less than half the pot into me when the turn was a brick.

In hindsight, I raised his flop bet for information (and to make draws pay to chase), and his flat call/bet should have been enough information for me to fold on the turn when he kept betting. I think this is a line that reeks of strength. Instead of folding, however, I called the turn bet. Then the pot was so damn big that his 1/4 pot bet on the river (that put me all in by that point) was a crying call. I lost to a flopped straight. But it could have just as easily have been a set. He played it well, I didn't.

I wish I could fold in this spot. But last night, I certainly wasn't good enough to actually do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's not really the same because your flop had some straight potential. 58T doesn't really have the same potential. Given what we're given, I'd put the guy on AT as well. I guess a set is possible, but why bet the turn with the boat if you could check-call or check-raise and get more money in the pot? Or make a small bet. He's showing all the signs of 2pr, unless he called the pf raise with T5 or 85.

One other scenario, is that he called with A5 pf and now you're far behind. Like someone else said, overplaying overpairs is a problem of mine, too.