Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: South Park blasting Scientology

Old 11-18-2005, 01:46 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 02:11 AM

I really, REALLY don't like these guys....

I have experience with them from yrs. before on Slashdot - someone posted one of their OT's (holy writings) on the site and Scientology sued to have the posts removed claiming COPYRIGHT infringement.

If I posted them here, 2+2 could be sued and forced to take them down. In one sense, this link could get us in trouble....

think about that...posting a link to a religious or spiritual faith's beliefs could get you sued...now you see why so many European countries won't give them protected status and why I really hate faith based programs cause it'll open the door for these guys to get more into the mainstream.

www.xenu.net has great info.

I feel real bad for Katie Holmes - I mean that in a nice way, not that nasty OOT SHIIP way - she's in way over her head and is being sucked into a cult. She's way too sweet for something this bad to happen to her - someone said she was shopping last week and the checks she paid with were Church of Scientology checks.

bad, bad, bad news.

RB
Old 11-18-2005, 02:45 AM

Prepare to laugh your ass off:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/153109597471325.html
Old 11-18-2005, 02:59 AM

So are you saying that all the stuff that they were saying in the episode while they had "Scientologists actually believe this stuff," is ACTUALLY what Scientologists believe? That has to be wrong. That's [censored] insane.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So are you saying that all the stuff that they were saying in the episode while they had "Scientologists actually believe this stuff," is ACTUALLY what Scientologists believe? That has to be wrong. That's [censored] insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, its true. Wikipedia has a very good article on it. Go down to the middle of the page and you can see the Xenu space-plane and the story that South Park told about the aliens 75 million years ago. This is the last thing you are taught (you pay them hundreds of thousands of dollars a year where they better your life and teach you things by levels in the church). Supposedly if a low level scientologist hears this they die, or so the church doctrine says.

It's sad really. Some people are actually warped into this. Seinfeld even is a former member. I suppose people like Cruise or Holmes are completely delusional as they don't read the internet but are surrounded and brainwashed by these people.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:25 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
I feel real bad for Katie Holmes - I mean that in a nice way, not that nasty OOT SHIIP way - she's in way over her head and is being sucked into a cult.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is interesting how easily she evokes pity and disturbance. she seems to have the right blend of kindness and naivete to make you think what's happening is horrible, regardless of how much she thinks she knows.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Prepare to laugh your ass off:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/153109597471325.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-18-2005, 03:32 AM

LOLOLOL!

Here's an avatar, if anyone wants one...
Old 11-18-2005, 04:53 AM

Default another viewpoint

I'm a huge South Park fan and thought the show was hilarious.

I think Scientology is a huge scam.

But all of you worrying about poor Katie Holmes are way off base.

Remember, Tom Cruise is the victim of this cult, not her. But it works for him, it makes him happy. So be it.

I've met the guy - and he's nice, respectful, talented and incredibly ambitious. He always treated every single crew member equally and with great respect and kindness.

All in all, he's a great guy. Katie Holmes is a lucky girl.

But Scientology is a fraud and I hope one day all its followers will wake up. Come to think about it, that's sort of how I think about Christianity and other religions!