Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: PartyGaming Press Release

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any rakeback promos for pokerstars? I hate to lose my rakebreak, but unless there is a high-traffic site with some kind of rake promotion I will probably switch back to Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

No
Old 10-08-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Appropriate response

So essentially, Party is making rake back players play on their rakeback site or play against Party's players?

I don't seee how party is doing anything wrong. It's not that great for the Multi Tablers, it's not that great for me (althougth I don't feel so bad about not having rake back [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). But their a freaking business. They haven't stolen your money. They've just made your job a little more difficult. The ones who lose the most money here are the skins. That's who honestly should be upset. Party bailed on them hard, and they will have trouble competing.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, if only Bob knew how to type faster. Damn Bob, you're slacking on post count with all this drama.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't possibly keep up with all this stuff.
(I took a nap earlier...and just now came back from dinner where I had a couple of pretty strong margaritas).

But I'm enjoying the drama and the hate and the panic.

[ QUOTE ]

So now people get screwed either way they go. Play on party with fishes and suffer huge rakes, or play on skins with better players (on avg) and get rake back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still confused on the 2nd part (play on skins with better players).
Looks to me like a lot of the 'better players' aren't going to play on the skins anymore.
so now we're saying that 'all the better players are leaving because all of the better players are there.' (or something like that).

Also - I know that a lot of 8-tabling TAG's are on all these skins.
But there was SO MUCH rake-back spam in the party boxes that I imagine they HAD to get some of the bad players over to the skins as well.

Ever played some of those Empire tourneys?
I have. The players there can be truly awful.
It would not surprise me in the least if the games on the skins wound up being pretty decent after all this (combination of the handful of fishy players who are already there, and a lot of the pissed-off 2+2'ers saying 'screw this' and leaving party AND skins for good).

I don't really know what's going to happen.

But I'm just looking at the whole contradiction of 'none of the good players are going to play on the skins....because all of the good players are there.'

Yogi Berra anyone?? (he's the former baseball player famous for his mind-bogglingly contradictory and head-scratching quotes...one of which was "Nobody likes to go to that restaurant anymore....because it's just too crowded.")
Old 10-08-2005, 11:47 PM

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet or not, but you can now open up to 10 tables at a time on Party. This is for ring games--I assume that MTTs & SnGs are the same.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:49 PM

Maybe Pakistan will nuke India and we'll have the last laugh.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yogi Berry anyone?? (he's the former baseball player famous for his mind-bogglingly contradictory and head-scratching quotes...one of which was "Nobody likes to go to that restaurant anymore....because it's just too crowded.")

[/ QUOTE ]

Yogi Berra
Old 10-08-2005, 11:54 PM

My thought is more players = more fish. As far as I know, no sites have a player base close to pokerstars or partypoker, but perhaps some network of skins has a similar player base? More fish are worth more than what I can save through rake back promotions, at least in playing 20/40 games. It may be profitable to 8-table 3/6 games on another site with a rake promotion, but my experience has been that the mid level and higher stakes (above 10/20) are much tighter on other websites. Newbies go to PartyPoker and Pokerstars, and they often play limits that they shouldn't. Any thoughts?
Old 10-08-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet or not, but you can now open up to 10 tables at a time on Party. This is for ring games--I assume that MTTs & SnGs are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does this mean you can 10 table at Party?
Old 10-08-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So does this mean you can 10 table at Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:01 AM

thanks.
I edited it.

I'm king of the typos as it is. Even moreso after a couple of margaritas.