Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Where should I play: Rakeback vs. Fish

Hi,

I am just about to claer a bonus at Apsolute Poker, and will be withdrawing about 350$.

I play SNG's (10-30: 2-tables) or NL (50-200 4 tables).

I have 35% rakeback at Prima (betholdem), and 20% rakeback at Pokerroom (Eurobet) when i choose to open an account.

I thought that Eurobet was a Party-skin; but not anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think that i would make the most of both of my games at PartyPoker - but playing about 300 hands a day (5 days a week) it doesn't seem profitable to give up the 20-35% rakeback oppurtunities elsewere.

Does anyone have suggestions ?

Would i still be better of playing at PartyPoker (with no benefits), i'm a winning player at AP, and has earlier been so too at Prima, both in SNG's and NL.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Where should I play: Rakeback vs. Fish

You really need to do a search on this. I'm not too sure where you've been for the last month or so, but I'm not joking when I say that there was at least 50 threads on this type of thing. Regardless, most people are back at Party, following the fish. It's really your choice.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:16 PM

Hi Spliff,

There are still rakeback opps at Party, I am currently getting 24%.

You have to be willing to have your wife, mom, brother, friend, etc. open an account, you can still use your existing neteller account for deposit.

It is also easy to find 29 or 30% rakeback at Empire. I currently play the 22s and I dont feel the 22s at Empire play much different than Party. Granted this a very limited, and unscientific comparison, more of a feel than anything.

No reason you cant have rakeback and fish, at least for now.

Peace,

KennyBanya
Old 11-15-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rakeback at Pokerroom (Eurobet)

[/ QUOTE ]

This has not happened yet, it is still part of the old party skin network with empire
Old 11-15-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think that i would make the most of both of my games at PartyPoker - but playing about 300 hands a day (5 days a week) it doesn't seem profitable to give up the 20-35% rakeback oppurtunities elsewere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its profitable if you can win.

Id rather play with worse players and no rakeback. Rakeback isnt that much for your level of play.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Id rather play with worse players and no rakeback. Rakeback isnt that much for your level of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the biggest misconceptions about rakeback. Rakeback is a percentage, namely, a percentage of rake you receive back from the website. Using a rakeback of 30%, generally that means your ROI is increased (or not reduced as much) by 30% of 10% of the rake, which is 3% total.

What does this mean? You can:

a) Go with Empire. You get a 3% increase of ROI, but less fish.
b) Go with Party. For arguments sake, I'm assuming there's no RB there. You lose 3% increase of ROI, but get to eat fish all day.

It all depends on what you think is greater. Can you overcome 3% ROI by playing more fish? It really depends on the person.

To say that the RB is too small is a big error. Poker winnings should be considered in %, or APY of sorts, based on the size of the game you play.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:47 PM

What about setting up a banner on my very small weblog, and letting my friend (who don't play poker anymore, but has a neteller account he never use, and has given me control over) sign up, and just play "for him" - getting the affiliate (20%) on my neteller, and transfer the winnings from his neteller to mine with 1.9 % fee.

That should work, unless PP is not paying their affiliates properly !!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the biggest misconceptions about rakeback. Rakeback is a percentage, namely, a percentage of rake you receive back from the website. Using a rakeback of 30%, generally that means your ROI is increased (or not reduced as much) by 30% of 10% of the rake, which is 3% total.

b) Go with Party. For arguments sake, I'm assuming there's no RB there. You lose 3% increase of ROI, but get to eat fish all day.

It all depends on what you think is greater. Can you overcome 3% ROI by playing more fish? It really depends on the person.

To say that the RB is too small is a big error. Poker winnings should be considered in %, or APY of sorts, based on the size of the game you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please...I can't believe you wrote all that.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please...I can't believe you wrote all that.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Did I make a mistake? I'm just trying to help the guy out, not trying to berate you.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:55 PM

I know, but you missed my point.

Don't worry 'bout rakeback, worry 'bout your game.