Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Navy Seals vs Army Rangers vs other special forces vs UFC

Wow, someones been watching Rambo a few times too many...
glory glory special forces...

99.9% of the special forces have never killed anyone h2h and what good would knowing how to kill a doll by striking it in the neck do?
You talk about scientific proof, that these methods kill.
I don't know anything at all really about martial arts or the special forces ability to just theory-kill someone with a theoretical perfect strike which they have never ever done on a moving human target.

As I'm getting it, you're saying "how would he come within range without getting instantly killed by the mean special forces machine."
How would the marine get in range of the UFC guy to apply his lethal teqniques?

If you think logically the average SF guy wouldn't even last 30 seconds against a trained fighter.
As for your point of killing targets who resist, yeah SF practices to kill targets who resist but I find it hard to believe they assume al quaida soldiers to have the h2h arsenal of a UFC fighter.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

Your posts are always intelligent and on target.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just realized you are from ATL. My girlfriend lives about an hour and a half from there. If you can find a seal in my weight class (180) who has trained any hand to hand outside of the seals; I'll rider over and have a match. However we must make a wager to make it worth my time. Even money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

blake
Old 12-08-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

Your posts are always intelligent and on target.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just realized you are from ATL. My girlfriend lives about an hour and a half from there. If you can find a seal in my weight class (180) who has trained any hand to hand outside of the seals; I'll rider over and have a match. However we must make a wager to make it worth my time. Even money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you quoting me in your reply to him?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:50 AM

He did quote him or do you usually start your posts with addressing yourself?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:55 AM

I guess I'll go kill myself now. I'm assuming you know what I meant.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:55 AM

I think I quoted what he wrote just to make sure he knew I was talkin to him. I should have just done the new quick reply thing where we just address the poster.

But I do agree that your posts are intelligent and on target. I don't think he ment it though.

blake
Old 12-08-2005, 08:02 AM

The Truth,

Pride rules are the same:
1 No head butting, eye gouging, hair pulling, biting or fish hooking.
2 No attacking the groin
3 No strikes (kicks, elbows, punching) to the back of the head (which includes the occipital region and the spine).
4 No small joint manipulation (control of four or more fingers/toes is necessary).
5 No elbow strikes to the head and face.

Almost word for word. They outlaw things that would kill the fighters/make the matches last 2 seconds. These are things seals are trained in specifically. Every single thing both you and Krubbman have said has been answered in a previous post. Most of them by reference to external sources.

The one thing i did want to respond to was your absurd endurance point. You say:
"I remember I would be in awesome shape after basetball season. I could run a couple miles, practice, then run suicides all day, endurance was fine."

I'm sure you were in good shape. Not seal shape. Check out their third phase workout day, tell me you think the average UFC'er could do this.

Obstacle course 10 min
4 mile timed run (in boots) 30 min
14 mile run Completion
2 mile ocean swim with fins 75 min

"youve seen to many rambo movies"

I guess so. I'm taking the position that men trained to kill will defeat men trained to non-lethally fight for entertainment in a fight to the death. And im providing references to back up my claims, unlike the non stop anecdotal ev train yall are on. I respectfully conceede.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:12 AM

This is why arguments over "Who would win" situations are stupid. It will always come down to the quality and quantity of training. I believe that the amount of time SEALs or other special forces actually practice resistant hand to hand against each other is miniscule compared to the time they spend doing other things.

Look at it this way. If you were given a 5 minute lesson on some card game people like here (even a great lesson) and then taught how to play chess for 5 days straight and after that put up against a great p**** player, how much of that lesson about the card game would you remember? What chance do you really think you have? Even if it was a really good lesson full of perfect points, and he wasn't playing the same style as you, you'd probably get crushed.

Techniques really don't matter that much in these situations. It's how much training have you gotten and how realistic it was. Now if instead of the above example it was chess for 5 minutes and the card game for 5 days, you'd have a much better chance of holding your own, especially if those 5 days included matches against the person you'd face.

You'd learn this if you stopped nut-riding the SEALs and actually did some martial arts training.

Apologies to OOT for the p**** content.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:25 AM

Wow, that's a great example of the type of endurance required for fighting!

I can run 14 miles but i still tire after 1 minute of flailing with my arms as that's not what i usually do when playing soccer.

I still haven't seen you explain why the SEALS would be so efficient in killing someone with their hands when they have NO experience of actually doing it?
You can be quite sure that the UFC guys have ran across a wide variety of lethal and severely damaging moves.
They can't practise it for real though but guess what, the SEALS can't either without actually finding some volounteers for them to kill.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:40 AM

You can practice groin strikes and other lethal strikes. As well as other strikes that are simply disallowed in different types of sportfighting. You don't have to kill someone with it for it to be practiced. It's called pulling your punches, light sparring, wearing goggles, wearing body pads, wearing gloves, medium sparring, etc.

Scotty's point about not having to have actually broken someone's arm in an armbar to be perfectly capable of applying an armbar and doing it applies here. You don't unlearn the ability to apply a technique just because you never killed anybody with it.