Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-04-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Just another sorry thirty-something!

[ QUOTE ]
but I do tend to belive my wife at this point. Hopefully I won't be wrong!

[/ QUOTE ]

I (and assume most here) do too

Best of luck and don't forget to consult the various workout threads or here or here
Old 11-04-2005, 01:51 PM

You must eat a ton to work out as much as you do and still be so big.

I think 2-3 lbs per week is too much, personally, but I am patient as well.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:52 PM

Good luck Bro! Us old married guys in OOT are rooting for you.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:12 PM

I'm 5'10" too i think (if that equals 175cm?) and weigh a bit less then 150 lbs and i'm not skinny at all. If you're as tall as me with 100 lbs extra weight on you I could imagine your wife is worried about you, that can't be healthy.

I'm only guessing here with my next to none experience but I think that you're wife is worried you might die earlier then intended because of your weight. That might get her thinking that you don't care about her because you don't take care of yourself.

Start drinking a lot of water instead of cola/beer when in front of the computer. Did you know that one can of cola 33cl contains a looot of sugar.

Well, I'm going to quit rambling now and continue drinking instead but good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 5'10" too i think (if that equals 175cm?) and weigh a bit less then 150 lbs and i'm not skinny at all. If you're as tall as me with 100 lbs extra weight on you I could imagine your wife is worried about you, that can't be healthy.

I'm only guessing here with my next to none experience but I think that you're wife is worried you might die earlier then intended because of your weight. That might get her thinking that you don't care about her because you don't take care of yourself.

Start drinking a lot of water instead of cola/beer when in front of the computer. Did you know that one can of cola 33cl contains a looot of sugar.

Well, I'm going to quit rambling now and continue drinking instead but good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 10 and 150 is pretty damn skinny. Im 6 1, 200ish, and Im not big by any means.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure if this is related to the self image, but she recently got a tatoo on her backside (shhh, this is a secret), and she has recently started to wear thongs (underwear).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ruh-roh...I would start to worry about those "girls weekends."
Old 11-04-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 10 and 150 is pretty damn skinny. Im 6 1, 200ish, and Im not big by any means.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who is 5'10'' and 150lbs, that is indeed pretty damn scrawny.

I don't know that 175cm stuff means, I'm figuring you either made it up or it's some of that pre-American "English" measurement stuff that they still use in some dark corners of the world.

Nonetheless, despite 150 being skinny, 250 is heavy. At 5'10'' and 250lbs, you are either very muscular or pretty fat.

Unless you are "big boned" or "stocky" or "have a larger frame". Then your fat and delusional.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck Bro! Us old married guys in OOT are rooting for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least some of us still have faith that Oprah is not always right! Thank you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 03:52 PM

[/ QUOTE ]Nonetheless, despite 150 being skinny, 250 is heavy. At 5'10'' and 250lbs, you are either very muscular or pretty fat.

Unless you are "big boned" or "stocky" or "have a larger frame". Then your fat and delusional.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff! I am both muscular, and have a large build....but i am not delusional....I am also far too fat. I don't believe I ever denied that. My ideal weight according to the charts is 174, but my best weight I feel is between 180 and 190 based on that being my weight after Navy boot camp. I was in the best shape of my life at 190.