Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: On David\'s Line

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you said you "studied this stuff" and therefore was more qualified than Hobbes to advise our OP here, implying that you're the expert in this field.

[/ QUOTE ]
All implications are in your mind (actually in Hobbes' mind, you're repeating them).
Old 11-01-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you said you "studied this stuff" and therefore was more qualified than Hobbes to advise our OP here, implying that you're the expert in this field.

[/ QUOTE ]
All implications are in your mind (actually in Hobbes' mind, you're repeating them).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I've studied this stuff. You obviously haven't. 'Nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. What is the conclusion that we're supposed to get here?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Er, that I've studied it and he hasn't...?

Doesn't seem like rocket science (of course, now I would expect you to think I'm an expert in rocket science).

Seriously, at this point you're trying to pick a fight. If there's one thing I AM an expert in, it's what I said, and maybe you should choose to acknowledge and move on. This is not grade school.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:03 PM

Okay, Im calling foul.

there is no, and I repeat, NO way to "study" women, other than having been one yourself (and most of them dont even understand themselves), asking a bajillion women stupid questions (which wouldnt get you anywhere, or stalking a few.

Which is it, and if Im wrong, where did you "study"?

Oh, and BTW, when you straight out say you know more about something than someone else, you are implying an "expert" status over them... especially since you've "studied".

Otherwise, courts would be full of doctors used as "studying" witnesses.

Doesn't make much sense.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Er, that I've studied it and he hasn't...?

Doesn't seem like rocket science (of course, now I would expect you to think I'm an expert in rocket science).

Seriously, at this point you're trying to pick a fight. If there's one thing I AM an expert in, it's what I said, and maybe you should choose to acknowledge and move on. This is not grade school.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's legit question. You claim to have studied it and blow off Hobbes' debate with 'nuff said, implying that you're the expert and no one should listen to him. All the while you haven't backed up your claim.

Meanwhile, I come in to this thread late, ask 2 questions and you claim I'm picking a fight. Why should I acknowledge that you're an expert in this when you haven't shown yourself to be one? I'll move on, but I acknowledge nothing about your expertise.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll move on

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll move on

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're just not going to answer our questions?

Have you "studied" evasion?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:21 PM

Would you mind stopping the E-peen-measuring and instead have some meaningful interesting discussion.

What the guy everyone is trying to cut down is trying to say is that he has STUDIED (yes it can be done) the concept of attraction and relations between men and women. Anyone who says that can't be studied are plain wrong imo. As an example you take a sample of 100 meetings between a man and different women, in 50 of the cases the men opens with "wanna see my ****" and in the other 50 cases he said "Hi, I just noticed that you have beautiful shoes, where did you buy them?".
This limited study will undoubtly show that the second opener is much more effective if you wish to keep a conversation going for more then 10 seconds with a woman.

I'm not going to claim expert status but I've too run across the "material" that igni is referring to.
Let's just say that it makes a lot of sense and made me change a lot of my beliefs regarding how to attract women that I've had since I was young.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:38 PM

Dude, I think that you misunderstand me. I want igni to share this information... I am only peeved that he claimed to study, without showing what he studied.

I think that alot of what I find out will just be what I already think, but Im always down to learn about the opposite sex.

if by studying, you mean learning by experience, talking to chicks about what works and what doesnt, then yeah, I've "studied" too.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:53 PM

Didn't mean to be harsh but it would be a shame if a topic with so much potential was reduced to a battle of who knows the most about women.

There's probably a lot of guys on this forum who would like to learn more about women, I am one of them.
Recently I decided to try to "fix" this part of my life. I've always had quite low self confidence and hoped that some day some woman would see what a nice guy I am and things would work out. This haven't worked very well for the past 21 years...
I just couldn't understand why my last girlfriend broke up with me, I was so nice to her that I won't even tell the lengths i went to please her :P

I was fed up with the thought of having to settle with a woman because she was the best I would ever get my hands on and not being able to choose someone I like. I hated the thought of having to get "lucky" to find a woman that liked me.

I've started working out my self-esteem issues and talking to friends who are more successful with women even though they aren't far ahead in the looks department.
I think a lot of guys have a deep rooted fear of rejection in their brains which makes it kind of hard to approach women that you like to approach because it would feel terrible if she didn't like you.
I'm trying to change my mindset when dealing with women to get rid of that pesky anxiety. Instead of trying to get her to like me I just try to make her smile and have a good time. If she decides to like me that's fine and if she doesn't there are plenty more fish in the sea, right?

This past weekend I was at a club and decided to ignore those previous "settle" girls that I wasn't really interested in and go for the ones that I used to consider being way out of my league. I even used the same opener on all of them with great results. (i know, openers are lame [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

Since I had so good results with it I'll share it with you guys too. I made eye contact, smiled and said "Hey, long time no see. What have you been doing lately?". It's hilarious to look at them trying to figure out where the hell they've seen you before [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Then they said "Do I know you?" and i reply "Yeah, don't you remember me?" which makes them think some more and if they say that they don't I continued with "This relationship isn't working, you can't forget me after each time we meet."
After this I just kept the fun up and had a good time.
One could say that my sample size is to small to rate this tactic but I got great responses from women i would have dreaded to approach before and I even got a kiss and number from one of them.
Needless to say this was a great confidence boost [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've always seen average guys with beautiful women and wondered how the hell they did manage that. Now I'm starting to feel hope again and it feels great. I still have to work a lot on my self esteem but It's always nice to have a little success on the way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]